Default S&W M&P 40 or Beretta M9

Hey guys,

So heres the situation. Ive got a Beretta M9 and gonna get a M&P 40. Question is which one to carry. Im used to the Beretta as my side arm and have a boat load of training in it. But dont u just love the M&P :-[. Ive come to a stand still as far as deciding which one to carry on me, even though the M&P is a little lighter.
    What do u guys recommend, rather do this than flip a coin. ;D

fighting0002

Default Re: S&W M&P 40 or Beretta M9

I like the B92. Its big though. The M&P is a little more compact.

The training and familiarity aspect is not to be ignored.

Carry both. Problem solved.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

hi.

I love the M9 platform and own a Z88 as well as three Beretta's in the 92 platform...

Id go Beretta if you have practiced and it is what you know, it is an excellent choice if you can conceal a gun of that size, in a good IWB holster carried just behind the point of the hip, it should conceal very well, im always amazed at how a relatively large gun can just dissapear when placed in a good IWB hlster on the right point of the waistband.

I have for the first time laid eyes in the S&W M&P pistols at NSN guns, i love the look of the sub compact in the M&P and i have never ever had a single hic-up with my 6906 in all the years i have owned and shot them, given that no ticker tape parades were ever offered on behalf of the 6906, and the M&P has had this, the M&P must be a really terrific little bugger, im keen to play with one on my return to the Jo-burg/ Pretoria gunshops...but at R11.5K doubt one will follow mw home just yet.... I have a Sig PRO to bank roll happy0065

Get the M&P40. I'm biased because I bought one, but I do believe it'll make a better carry gun. It's also an easy to learn system.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius