Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Boiling Frogs.

User

Default Re: Boiling Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    The FCA is now law, it's not a proposal, it's not being debated. Maybe we should have got involved earlier and tried to oppose the proposal, unfortunately that didn't happen.
    It would have been nice to have more people in the fight, yea :-)

I think there are a few people out there that thought that their yearly subscriptions were paying for people to do that, I bet you feel let down.
    So I was lying in bed this morning thinking. It's Thursday, I have to put the bin out. I pay council about R70 a month to come clean my bin out. I pay SAGA about the same for a year's subs. Can I really expect much from SAGA? Anyway, see the thread I'm about to start about this.

I say this without know what the initial draft of the Act included, so I may be totally wrong.
    I'll go scratch out my copy and post it.

Edit: OK, draft FCB + SAGA's comments posted to http://www.gunownerssa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2626

W

Quote Originally Posted by wrm
    So I was lying in bed this morning thinking. It's Thursday, I have to put the bin out. I pay council about R70 a month to come clean my bin out. I pay SAGA about the same for a year's subs. Can I really expect much from SAGA? Anyway, see the thread I'm about to start about this.
    Good question..... confused0083

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by flysouth
    Any opportunity for action and pressurisation? I am simply suggesting a line of thought here.
    I like the way you think Stew. We should AT LEAST be able to motivate for having all our private security costs considered tax deductable!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by paulatadventures
    Any opportunity for action and pressurisation? I am simply suggesting a line of thought here.
    I like the way you think Stew. We should AT LEAST be able to motivate for having all our private security costs considered tax deductable!
    good point paul. That should include money spent on training

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    Quote Originally Posted by paulatadventures
    good point paul. That should include money spent on training
    Whatever happens, to challenge the goverment is going to cost lotsa money. If each gunsite member contributed R100 a month for year that end up being a lot of money, that could be put to use by a 'fighting fund/gosa/saga etc'. We have to do more than we are now as a group of gunowners.
    I realise JASA is going to bring pressure to bear on the govt, why cant more "fronts" be opend up? I realising I am now generalising however,
    IMHO, its almost as if a few individuals & an organisation are taking single potshots at the current law, whilst the rest of us chip in every now & then.

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5