User

Default Sights for CZ75 Compact

I bought a CZ 75 Compact recently, but the sights are not very nice. If I take a neutral aim, it shoots about 2 inches low on 5 meters. Obviously when I shoot instinctively its not a big issue, but when I try to hit a 150x150mm plate on 20 metres it takes more than one shot.

To shoot straight, I lift the muzzle high that the front sight is completely above the rear sight, even so much that I see the slide throught the opening of the rear sight. So my rear sight must become higher.

I decided to buy new sights......now the questions.......1) Do I buy nightsights or std sights (lisencing for SD) ?
    2) Are there different heights in rear sights to choose from (don't want an adjustable) ?
    3) Do I take it to a gunsmith and let him modify/build something?

User

Default Re: Sights for CZ75 Compact

Henka, I would look at night sights if this was my SD weapon. My CZ75 has a set of Meprolights, and the front sight flew off while I was shooting(yeah I was shocked), this iS a 92 model so I'm not too sure how the sight was fixed. To solve, I had a gunsmith dovetail a new sight in the front, sight picture is excellent and this setup is still using the Meprolight rears, the issue I now have is I want to replace the night sights but I need to get a front sight that's dovetailed to fit my slide.

User

Henka where are you planning to buy the sights from? I might also be looking for some soon.

User

I strongly believe carry guns should have night sights of some sort.

On the shooting low does it shoot in the same place with multiple shooters?

User

kurly, I see CZcustom has some on their website, but I haven't start looking yet. First want to get some advice.

BigT, yes, I did let some fellow club members shoot it.

There are different factory rear sight heights. You would have to remove the rear sight and look on the under side to find the number...usually a #4 or #5 is standard. The higher the number the taller the rear sight.

As for tritium sights, my preference has become for just a front tritium dot with a wide rear sight notch...less precise but much faster to pick up. If this were my gun I think I would get a different, higher factory rear from CZ and get it shooting where I looked with factory sights, then replace the front with the same height tritium sight, which CZ Custom should know.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Keep it simple. Point of impact is raised by filing down the front sight blade, a little at a time, naturally. Of course, that presumes that it is high enough to allow that. If not, you need a higher back sight. If available, buy as tall as you can get, because you can trim it down but you can't build it up. If it is too tall, file it down. If you can't buy one, make one.

User

I've already spoke to a gunsmith. He gave me the same advice. He will modify the current rear sight. The thing is, the rear sight is way too low, I lift the front sight higher than the sight allows, so I'm actually looking at the slide, hiding my target totally with the gun.