Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashprod

Default Re: Dashprod

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    Nope the AR stays, I like it too much. The Dash can be added. The AR for ESG and the Dash for SSG. I just love all the rules.
    Do you have a link to the provisional rules?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

BulM5rocks

Khumba - when r u gonna do some 3 gun again - need to get some revenge for the butt kicking u gave me in Rifle at the last shoot.

Tho open sights against a red dot sight Uncle Bill special is a bit of unfair advantage !!

User

SSP I posted the Provisional Rules in the IDPA sub forum.

BulM5 - I did not have the opportunity to shoot much pistol matches the past year but I am getting back in.

User

Hi everyone. Please allow me to introduce myself, this being my first post. As you can see my name is Bosman and I am from Tzaneen in the Limpopo province. I stumbled across your forum researching the Dashprod. Thanks for having me.

Thank you for a most informative and interesting article regarding the Dashprod. I am interested in one of these little rifles for sport purposes. We have a sport shooting club in Tzaneen and I will be using it for pin shooting in the .22 semi-auto class. I was looking for a LM 5 for this devision just to find out that they are not made any more. Luckily the Dashprod became available. I was a member of a Special Police unit and was issued with a shortened R1 that was just a tad longer than a R5. I later received a R5 that replaced the R1, for this reason I was looking for a LM 5. Probably due to the fact that I knew the R5 intimately and found it to be a very capable and reliable system that never failed me.

I phoned Dave Sheer Guns today and spoke to one of the sales persons there. They have about 1500 Dashprod's in stock and they retail at about R7500.00, just over R4000.00 cheaper than the AR's that will be in later this year. I made up my mind. As soon as I finish this post I am going to get the laborious process started to get competent etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman
    I phoned Dave Sheer Guns today and spoke to one of the sales persons there. They have about 1500 Dashprod's in stock and they retail at about R7500.00, just over R4000.00 cheaper than the AR's that will be in later this year. I made up my mind. As soon as I finish this post I am going to get the laborious process started to get competent etc.
    Good price quoted there, it's definately a good deal at that price.

Just out of interest, who's bringing the AR Clones and what make are they?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosman
    Just out of interest, who's bringing the AR Clones and what make are they?
    I have no idea what make they are. To be honest I thought an AR was an AR. The sales person at Dave Sheer told me that they were bringing them in.

It is a good idea to take anything that a salesman, gunshop or otherwise, tells you with a pinch of salt. Particularly in the case of dave sheer. Some examples: Dashprod is made in Israel. (its not, its made in Bulgaria) Black Talons are illegal, etc.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    It is a good idea to take anything that a salesman, gunshop or otherwise, tells you with a pinch of salt. Particularly in the case of dave sheer. Some examples: Dashprod is made in Israel. (its not, its made in Bulgaria) Black Talons are illegal, etc.
    Hahah! Ain't it the truth!

You would not believe the things I have 'learned' at gunshops or sporting goods stores! ;D
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Hi guys.

I am also looking at a .223 semi-auto fighting0002, and has just "learned" the following from one of the guys at Dave Sheer:

The Dashprod should be available with an 11-12 inch barrel towards the end of the year, price about R500 more than the current 8 inch model.
    The ARs that they are looking to bring in are likely to be Colts, although this will be finalised within the next 2 weeks or so. Will follow up on this and get confirmation.

Cheers.

Hmmmm 11/12" barrel Dash sounds like just the thing to fill my Xmas stocking happy0065

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast