Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Dashprod

Default Re: Dashprod

How is this for a name

SAR-U 1 (Specialized Assault Rifle - Urban 1) ( ;D SARU how is that for name recognition)
    or UAR -1 (Urban Assault Rifle 1) (I am full of rugby connections today ;D )

I really believe they would have taken the streets by now if the had designed this so it could fit an R5 type magazine
    Also if they had stuck the rear sight on the back it would have taken a lot away from an AK type profile (which is a IFF aspect bear in mind how many criminals use AK's) That being said great article I really enjoyed

my 02
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

The problem with R magazines is supply. They are no longer in production.

Also from what ive seen criminals prefer R5s!
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

yeah but there are a hell of a lot still in stocks and stores, also if you make one type of mag why not the R5 type, it would make it a lot more palatable to Police military buyers that they have plenty of storage stocks and also a definitive no need to change webbing, yes I know the same mags would fit the same webbing but think how much of a clincher that would be on a presentation.

With the profiling aspect I think we can have a healthy debate on that ;D also bear in mind that 90 percent of training today still typifies the AK as the enemy weapon. That was one of the major problems I had oversea's was everytime I went onto a NATO base we would have to store the AK's away I then had to make do with a MP 5 as a primary until the M4's were available It was so clear that the AK's made the soldiers really uncomfortable, even the Eastern European contingents who carried variants of it ;D

I would think the use of AK's on crime scenes might out number R5's also its the perceptive value, I know how contacts go down and add to that the physiological pressure placed on your body (tunnel vision etc) and you might have an half trained chappie or badly trained chappie who fixates on that one part that looks AK to him his mind associates that with enemy enemy and blat blat, blue on blue and you are in the p*&
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

I see the argument regarding the resemblance to the AK. If I look at the example in the picture, there is to me far enough differentiation not to confuse this one with a AK. With the covers and the foreward grip and the appearance of the magazine seems different. Yes, I can see the resemblance but also (to me) there is en ought changes to make the resemblance less obvious....

My worries are the profile of the rear part of the receiver which do but that is me being picky possibly, but I do think that if the rear sight was moved to the rear or even a rail introduced it would resolve the issue. I also would appreciate it but again thats personal
    what I do like is its dimensions thats really close to putting a 5,56 rifle into the packages of a fixed stock MP 5 which is damm good imo

I think this one has the potential to beat the R's as a working rifle.

I really think a major applaud to SWATTIE for using his typing skills and putting this together for our enjoyment.

Maybe thats what Gunsite is destined to grow into an online type of resources SA's own SWAT or Combat Weapons for Law Enforcement periodical.

Theres an Idea Craig, put down the pink bag and commission a few more of these

;D

It seem the Dashprod is a Bulgarian AK as mentioned, Model AR-M4SF with a dust cover similar to that the model AR-SF.

I feel the Dashprod is in the same quality ranges of all major Kalashnikovs produced rifles. The finishing of the internal mechanism and parts has a typical mass production look and finish. The folding stock is also a good example of the lack of quality finish and engineering. It’s a good assault rifle in a small package and the grip and handling of the rifle is quite comfortable. Compare it to LM’s or Galil’s…obviously the quality of engineering on the Galil’s and LM’s can compare to some of the top arms manufactures in the world.

Compare the internals mechanism and parts of these rifles and you will notice the difference in quality.

In my opinion, the Kalashnikovs are a use it and replace it rifle.
    The Galil’s and Vektor’s is more a quality rifle that can be repaired and upgraded.
    It speaks for it self that the SANDF is planning to repair and upgrade all the old R4 rifles with new parts.

Cheers

I am no expert in this area but the Kalashnikov might lack in 'quality' standards compared to western designs and production standards but I do not think it is lacking in Any manner. If you look at the proliferation of the Kalashnikov rifles and the condition under which these rifles are used (in reference to the absolute lacking of cleaning and lubrication in some areas), they seem to function and keep on functioning. They remain in high demand because of their price and their reliability.

Only time will tell if the Dashprod might suffer from poor manufacturing quality, but I do not think that there is any problem with the system, and the system can take quite a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM

In my opinion, the Kalashnikovs are a use it and replace it rifle.
    The Galil’s and Vektor’s is more a quality rifle that can be repaired and upgraded.
    It speaks for it self that the SANDF is planning to repair and upgrade all the old R4 rifles with new parts.
    Where do you get this info? My information, from someone involved in the process, is that they are going to an Bulgarian AK74, probably in 5.56X45.

The AK is certainly not a "disposable" type of rifle. The fact that they do not require hand fitting of replacement parts speaks to this.
    Havamal

User

Re; "lack of quality" and "disposable" post - Gabriel Suarez seems to think the AK platform is a very usable and durable one and "monkey simple" (his word by the way) to operate and maintain.

Read Sticky's and posts on http://www.warriortalk.com/index.php. Suarez also provides books and videos on the practical use of the AK system.

As a fighting rifle it most probably has the best pedigree of use and abuse operation of any rifle out there.

From what I read in general the Bulgarian variants are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba
    Re; "lack of quality" and "disposable" post - Gabriel Suarez seems to think the AK platform is a very usable and durable one and "monkey simple" (his word by the way) to operate and maintain.

Read Sticky's and posts on http://www.warriortalk.com/index.php. Suarez also provides books and videos on the practical use of the AK system.

As a fighting rifle it most probably has the best pedigree of use and abuse operation of any rifle out there.

From what I read in general the Bulgarian variants are good.
    +1
    Havamal

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast