Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: House markings

User

Default House markings

Hi all,

Does anybody know the patterns/signals of home markings?

I have heard that if you find a piece of rubbish (like a chips bag or cigarette box) that you must go up/down the road until you find the next piece. The distance between the two pieces are, lets say 10m apart.
    Then, if the BG's marked the street/house, there will be another token 10m from the first ones you found....

Now follow this pattern until you can't find anymore and there are about 3 marker in front of a gate or easy access to the property.

These 3 markers in front of the gate would normally be very close to each other, and sometimes be rectangular. Lets use the letters "-" and "I" for example:

In front of your gate will be 3 objects shape like this "I I I" or "- - -"
    This would mean that this is the entry for the BG's and that it is not safe to go in now (or the gate is locked)

If the objects in front of the gate is placed like this "- I -"
    Then it means that the gate is open and it is now safe to go in for the BG's

I have only once found this pattern successfully, I followed the pieces for about 1km and they stayed constant throughout the entire way. And then in front of a neighbors house I found 3 take-away coffee cups that where placed in this position.

Now back to my actual question:
    Does anybody know any other markings?
    Has this ever happen to you?
    Have you ever realized junk lying on your street/yard?

PS. sorry if this is a repost, this method of house markings is supposedly very old

User

Default Re: House markings

There was a website about this... looking for it...

There is a thread here somewhere on this. I am not sure it worth trying to interpret the signs. Every gang or syndicate would in probability use their own signs, I don't think there is a universal crime signs language. On the farm they tied knots in the grass opposite the houses. In town its rubbish or bricks, etc.

Just be vigilant.

We once had an issue where a yellow dot was spray painted onto our curb in front of the house. I couldn't get it off, so I took a chisel and removed it. Next day it was back. So I took the chisel again. While I was busy, a slender gentleman approached me, spray paint in hand, and asked me to please not remove it. He was placing out distance markers for the Wally Hayward marathon, and said nearly all of his marks had been removed!

User

Guys I do believe "bush signals" were commonly used in africa even until recent times.But nowadays I think they just phone eachother with their blackberries or nokias.

User

User

My future father in law (where I heard about this) kept on removing mark from their neighborhood and one day found a little piece of barbed wire (about 15cm) tied to his gate.

This apparently a sign that says they are watching you, and you are starting to irritate them

Remember they wont use things like chip packets as there is something called wind and even they not that dumb. Well I dont think they are but????? you never know

User

No wonder I got lost

User

Quote Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
    Remember they wont use things like chip packets as there is something called wind and even they not that dumb. Well I dont think they are but????? you never know
    If you put a little rock into the packet, it wont go to far.. And it was just an example

User

Quote Originally Posted by G-force View Post
    Guys I do believe "bush signals" were commonly used in africa even until recent times.But nowadays I think they just phone eachother with their blackberries or nokias.
    Well looks like they won't be doing crime for a while, thanks to blackberry services being down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast