Default SAGA - JASA, GOSA and the firearm compensation case

My fellow firearm owners,

JASA (Justice Alliance of South Africa) has been running a case for several years now together with our brothers in GOSA.

In essence, JASA is fighting for "the Constitutional right of gun owners to receive compensation for surrendered firearms ". In terms of their own FCA, the government is required to do this but has refused to so do.

Details of the case may be found at http://www.justicealliance.co.za/download/cases.html . Look for "Gun case".

The situation at this moment is that JASA have been granted leave to appeal to the SCA but, as always, funds are tight even though the legal types are working on the case at much reduced rates.

SAGA believes that - win or lose - this case should be fought to the end. Therefore, SAGA has donated a further R30 000 to JASA to help them cover the costs of this case. Government made the law and government must abide by their own law.

In addition, I have tossed my personal donation into the JASA pot.

If any Gunsite members feel that they can see their way clear to helping the chances of success in this matter, then the bank account for donations to JASA is:-

Gunstons Attorneys Trust Acc
    ABSA Br 505309
    Acc 4054263373
    Ref GHW 2389

If you do make a donation, you must quote the reference number otherwise they will not know that the money is a donation specifically for the gun case.

User

Default Re: SAGA - JASA, GOSA and the firearm compensation case

I have supported JASA in the past.Will do it again.
    Thanks Chas.
    Mj