Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Successful motivation :) funny one

from [ame="http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=164644"]Firearm licence renewal - Broadband & ADSL Forums - Internet, Gaming, Hardware, Software[/ame] post number 5

-----------------------quote----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend’s mother applied and they gave her the license. Her Motivation letter said:

I live on a farm and shoot pigs to feed my family

That is a good enough reason but self defence is not....

--------------------end quote------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User

Default Re: Successful motivation :) funny one

I have a friend who always eats what he shoots. He's eaten baboon, for example.

He *really* doesn't want to shoot someone in self defence :-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by wrm

hpy71

User

If he eats what he shoots fighting0035 I also dont reckon he must shoot someone in self defence. hpy71

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk

If he eats what he shoots fighting0035 I also dont reckon he must shoot someone in self defence. hpy71
    Haha, indeed :P

User

hjk(Sorry)

What is a successful motivation..... ???

I mean how does one go about structuring a letter together. What do u say? What must u say and NOT say?
    Format? Length? Typed or hand written?

As they say "I'm a man of few words" Now how do i get my 5c worth to really count. How do i motivate one gun over another? How do i motivate that particular Firearm?
    Maybe i'm not that clever, but how much can u rant and rave about bullets/trajectory??? Only want rifle for occasional varmint/occasional small antelope hunt/range shooting for fun....Nothing serious.(Thinking about .243, not sure yet. Maybe a .270???? Still trying to get my info together to make a decision. But .243 really appeals to me.)

Seriously appreciate any and all help.. lv29

Thanks
    Ash

if you cant dazzle them with brilliance.......baffle them with bullshiit.

The more you put in the better. If you are unsure get one of these guns shops who provide the service to do the motivation for you. They know exactly what is required.

User

Here are a few pointers, http://www.arfirearms.co.za/MOTIVATIONAL_EXAMPLES.pdf

I wrote about a page for my SD motivation. I went along those guidelines, and included a letter from my work indicating my work conditions that included traveling with expensive equipment, cash, etc.

For a sporting license you should include information on the clubs you are a member of, if you can talk about specific shoots, then do, even include photos, etc. As much as possible. More info in that PDF.

But who knows what they go for. Mine worked.. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    hjk(Sorry)

I mean how does one go about structuring a letter together. What do u say? What must u say and NOT say?

As they say "I'm a man of few words" Now how do i get my 5c worth to really count. How do i motivate one gun over another? How do i motivate that particular Firearm?
    Maybe i'm not that clever, but how much can u rant and rave about bullets/trajectory??? Only want rifle for occasional varmint/occasional small antelope hunt/range shooting for fun....Nothing serious.(Thinking about .243, not sure yet. Maybe a .270???? Still trying to get my info together to make a decision. But .243 really appeals to me.)

Thanks
    Ash

[quote=Ash ]
    hjk(Sorry)

Thanks
    Ash
    [/quote
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=1822.0

Ash I strongly recommend getting in touch with either Khumba or SSP and utilize their professional services!

I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Thank you so much guys...

Ash

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast