Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which to choose

User

Default Which to choose

Hey everyone

Would you be as kind as to tell me the following:

Price to join your club and get dedicated sport shooter status.
    Number of participation events to attain/maintain status.

Me asking because at this point in time I wont to able to join clubs requiring 6 events a year at 300 rounds a piece.

User

Default Re: Which to choose

National Shooting Association is thje cheapest club to maintain DS & DH status... www.natshoot.co.za

Even if joining SAHunters.. Clubevenings count towards maintaining DS & DH Status...

User

I don't know what the guys do up there, but there is no way our shoots are 300 rounds a piece. SAPSA nationals are not much more than that and they are 3 points. I reckon you should be able to maintain DS with about 600 rounds a year. That is shooting either 6 club shoots, 3 Prov. Leagues or a combination.

User

I'm with Pretoria Defensive Pistol Club. R1200- club fees plus the R350-off SADPA fee.

You require 20 points per year to achieve and retain DSS, which is about 5 club shoots, and usually range from 48 to 70 rounds per shoot, depending how creative Ross gets with his COFs :-)

---------- Post added at 07:01 ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 ----------

Also, just bare in mind, dedicated status is there to prove just that... dedication. Sure, we all have busy schedules and can't afford to attend every single shoot, but wanting DSS with just 3-4 club shoots a year might be a bit ambitious.

User

Quote Originally Posted by cerop View Post
    Sure, we all have busy schedules and can't afford to attend every single shoot, but wanting DSS with just 3-4 club shoots a year might be a bit ambitious.
    Well, I am of the opinion that SADPA allows you to get and maintain DSS without having to stress about going to every shoot you can - it's one of the main reasons i joined!

You need 20 points to get DSS and then do 20 points a year to maintain. At 4 points for a club shoot and 6 for a league it really is possible to maintain DSS with 4 shoots per year if you just select your shoots carefully.

Two leagues and two club shoots and voila! Twenty points! I don't think that is a lot to ask.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Well, I am of the opinion that SADPA allows you to get and maintain DSS without having to stress about going to every shoot you can - it's one of the main reasons i joined!

You need 20 points to get DSS and then do 20 points a year to maintain. At 4 points for a club shoot and 6 for a league it really is possible to maintain DSS with 4 shoots per year if you just select your shoots carefully.

Two leagues and two club shoots and voila! Twenty points! I don't think that is a lot to ask.
    Don't forget your Classifier ;)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter View Post
    Don't forget your Classifier ;)
    Oh yes! You're right - that's another (mandatory) 4 points right there!

Heck, I know of some who can make their 20 points just by classifying in all the divisions they shoot in!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Classifier? What's that?

@50 to 70 rounds an event I be able to!

So you say Sadpa is the way?
    Is there any sadpa leagues I could possible go check out in pretoria this saterday? Or any league for that matter?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

www.sadpa.co.za

Check the calender.

Classifier is necessary to see on which class you will be competing, ie Novice, Marksman, Master, Jedi-wielder-of-deathray, etc.

There is a NSO at CDPC and a club shoot, I believe at PDPC. If you decide to go check it out, take eye and ear protection.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    There is a NSO at CDPC and a club shoot, I believe at PDPC. If you decide to go check it out, take eye and ear protection.
    That is correct, both this Saturday.

And then on the next there is a league at JDPC in Roodepoort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast