User

Default COF: Catch the falling star.

Anyone out there want to try this. hpy71 How many mags needed for this stage fighting0035
    Check out the attachment

Default Re: COF: Catch the falling star.

Looks fun. I'm sure it'll require lots of shooting. The Texas star is freakin' mean! happy0065
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Not familiar with the Texas Star....does it rotate and what activates the rotation?

Looks like fun..... fighting0035

Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    Not familiar with the Texas Star....does it rotate and what activates the rotation?

Yes, and erratically too.

You knock the first plate off the star and that unbalances the rig causing it to rotate.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Here's a link to watch the texas star.([nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5uW8jhDjQ"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]) My clips of 2008 champs is to big to post on the site. That is where I got the idea from to build it. It wasn't easy because they dont want to give the plans. But a "boer maak a plan". The plan took me about to months to get the plates working to stay in place and to fall off when knocked. Tested at champs with few hickups, but I think it will last the next champs without any problems as it was resolved. If anyone want clips of champs 2008 to see my invention I can e-mail some clips. Clips sizes more or less 25mb.
    To see more clips just enter "speed steel texas star" in google searh and more clips will be available on You tube.
    Be at Witbank League and you can test it youself

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk

Here's a link to watch the texas star.([nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5uW8jhDjQ"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]) My clips of 2008 champs is to big to post on the site. That is where I got the idea from to build it. It wasn't easy because they dont want to give the plans. But a "boer maak a plan". The plan took me about to months to get the plates working to stay in place and to fall off when knocked. Tested at champs with few hickups, but I think it will last the next champs without any problems as it was resolved. If anyone want clips of champs 2008 to see my invention I can e-mail some clips. Clips sizes more or less 25mb.
    To see more clips just enter "speed steel texas star" in google searh and more clips will be available on You tube.
    Be at Witbank League and you can test it youself
    Unfortunately the distance between PE and Witbank just does not justify a quick drive through for a league shoot.... ???

I would however love to try and shoot this bugger..... hpy180

User

Unfortunately the distance between PE and Witbank just does not justify a quick drive through for a league shoot.... ???

Come down for the champs. I will sponsor it to the champs this year. It is fun to shoot and also not that easy. Maybe I must make time to visit family in PE and take it with when you guys have a league

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk

Come down for the champs. I will sponsor it to the champs this year. It is fun to shoot and also not that easy. Maybe I must make time to visit family in PE and take it with when you guys have a league
    In PE we have a shoot every Saturday and something like that could always be added in some way...