Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Best way to store your handgun in safe!

Rudes gave you some good advice above. I have carried larger revolvers off duty in years past and it does take some doing but can be done. I am a big fan of the CompTac leather belts, which look and...to me...feel better than the tactical belts made from nylon, etc but they are not cheap, and be sure to get it long enough...which means ordering one larger than your normal pants size.

If kydex is what you want I agree that CompTac or Geoff are your best bets. For leather, get ready to drop some serious money on something like a Milt Sparks PMK and wait months to get it. IWB with a full size revolver can be done but it will rarely be comfy for all day wear.

http://www.miltsparks.com/
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

It is indeed possible to EDC a 4" 357 with a high degree of "concealability" and comfort. I EDC a 4" 357 magnum and most people dont know I'm carrying. Just take the time to get the best carry position sorted out and get accustomed to it.

This is what I wear when around the house and even with rugby shorts (with the draw strings tightened) it is completely comfortable and concealed (just to show that it can be done). And it just gets so much more comfortable when you go to short pants or jeans with a proper belt.

Attachment 6054Attachment 6055Attachment 6056

Being shot in the face or having to watch your wife or child be gang raped would probably be more uncomfortable than carrying your .357.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Being shot in the face or having to watch your wife or child be gang raped would probably be more uncomfortable than carrying your .357.
    QUOTE OF THE DAY!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    have the holster positioned in such a way that the grip is presented to you when you open the safe, and that the holster will remain behind if you grab and pull the gun.

maybe fashion a type of stand out of wood that the holster can attach to, but is easy to remove for when you want to carry normally.
    Why is there a need to have it in a holster in the safe???just put it straight in the safe

And the bigger problem is why is the gun in the safe in the first place! Rather have it avalible when you need it....then need it and not have it

User

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    QUOTE OF THE DAY!!
    +1000000

User

So a friend came to visit. He lives in Seattle, is about a year from his citizenship, and doesn't want to buy guns that side before the paperwork is sorted. Yea, I know.

Anyway so he brought his two kids, we loaded up the 22 levergun and the 357 levergun and a whole bunch of revolvers and pistols from 22 to 44 Mag and 45 ACP. Fun was had at the range.

After all this, back home, we clear things up, start talking about carrying... in all of this, shooting, picking up doppies, etc... he didn't notice the gun under the T-shirt.
    Last edited by wrm; 12-12-2011 at 14:38.

User

Quote Originally Posted by NealFeigin View Post
    Why is there a need to have it in a holster in the safe???just put it straight in the safe

And the bigger problem is why is the gun in the safe in the first place! Rather have it avalible when you need it....then need it and not have it
    I agree on keeping the gun to hand, but if it must be in the safe for whatever reason, then perhaps to protect the gun from the metal surface of the safe? and as I already stated, to present the gun in an easier to grasp manner than lying flat.

User

Always store your guns away from holsters when in your home,if you sweat on the holster and place in your safe the gun will rust.

Quote Originally Posted by tracker View Post
    Always store your guns away from holsters when in your home,if you sweat on the holster and place in your safe the gun will rust.
    Leather will also absorb moisture from the air as will most of those padded zippered gun cases.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3