But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Default Re: Cautiously optimistic - Gun trade in may have succeeded

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Ive been waiting 4 months for a card.

4 months. wtf? ???

My .22LR target pistol is way to large to carry concealed...

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooter

Anybody got an idea how long it takes from approved > print card > send card to cops?

Here is my most recent experience. I hope some of the info is of use.

It believe it can be done very quickly. After being issued incorrect categories of licence renewals nearly 3 years ago, I got fed up and faxed a complaint to Pretoria detailing what had transpired.

I received a very quick written response and was requested to contact the Provincial Commander: Firearms, Liquor and Second Hand Goods Control. I phoned on Monday morning and a fax later I was able to collect all 4 section 16 licences at 11: 30 yesterday from the Provincial Office in Durban. Reissued and printed in less than 24hours thanks to a Capt. Khuzwayo who did the extra bit. The bonus is that all my "new" licences are valid for 10 years as from yesterday. Apparently the system doesn't allow corrections and licences are issued for the full periods of each category as from the date of printing.

My experience is that the licences are not collected promptly by the DFO's. This is where most of the delays arise.

In querying the reprinting of my licences on 18 Feb 2009, I was told by my DFO's office that no licences had been collected since Christmass . If you have no luck with your local DFO try the Provincial Office. They can at least tell you if the printer is in fact broken and if a licence has been printed as is awaiting collection by your DFO.

I now keep notes of dates,times and what was said by the person contacted at the CFR and DFO's office.

User

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmw
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter

Anybody got an idea how long it takes from approved > print card > send card to cops?

Here is my most recent experience. I hope some of the info is of use.

It believe it can be done very quickly. After being issued incorrect categories of licence renewals nearly 3 years ago, I got fed up and faxed a complaint to Pretoria detailing what had transpired.

I received a very quick written response and was requested to contact the Provincial Commander: Firearms, Liquor and Second Hand Goods Control. I phoned on Monday morning and a fax later I was able to collect all 4 section 16 licences at 11: 30 yesterday from the Provincial Office in Durban. Reissued and printed in less than 24hours thanks to a Capt. Khuzwayo who did the extra bit. The bonus is that all my "new" licences are valid for 10 years as from yesterday. Apparently the system doesn't allow corrections and licences are issued for the full periods of each category as from the date of printing.

My experience is that the licences are not collected promptly by the DFO's. This is where most of the delays arise.

In querying the reprinting of my licences on 18 Feb 2009, I was told by my DFO's office that no licences had been collected since Christmass . If you have no luck with your local DFO try the Provincial Office. They can at least tell you if the printer is in fact broken and if a licence has been printed as is awaiting collection by your DFO.

I now keep notes of dates,times and what was said by the person contacted at the CFR and DFO's office.
    Thanks. Interesting info.

User

malcolm...

were you nice and gentlemanly? or did you kuk on their heads?

User

I think I was nice and kept to the facts rather than stating how I really feel.

I attached a copy of a letter I received form Dir Bothma in 2004 to show how my renewals etc were in accordance with his letter.

I mentioned the dates and details of who I saw and spoke to on and off over the years and what was said, promised and never done.

What it boils down to is that some members of the SAPS didn't do their jobs properly in the first place and creates a snowball effect down the line.

Now to phone the CFR again to hear the standard response regarding my new applications...................

User

My DFO tells me it takes +-10 days from approval to printing the card in the FS. Sure hope so. He would know I suppose.

User

Licence approved on 23 April. Now to the printers! When you call the call center, don't hang up. Listen to the crappy music +-2 min and they usually pick up.

fighting0002

Excellent......

Shooter, why did you have to dispose of the Taurus in the first place? Was your Glock application not for Dedicated Sports Status? Taurus for self-defence I presume and Glock on section 16?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast