Thread: Remington

Default Remington

Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me who distributes Remington rifles in South Africa and where can I buy accesories like Remington rifle bags, remington knives, remington rifle slings and remington ammo (core lokt inter bond premier). Is the remington ammo good value for money compared to e.g highland, PMP, sako or norma.

What do you think of the Model700 in .308Win. I can pick one of these up for a really good price second hand and within my budget now have to decide between a brno or the Mod700.

Thx guys.

User

Default Re: Remington

exelent rifle and caliber. Try kalahari arms in randburg or die skietwinkel in bloem

User

Nothing wrong with the Remmy. Cant say anything about the caliber, dont know what it will be used for.

User

Formailito in Centurion are the agents.

Model 700 is a great model, very popular

Thanx for the replies guys. I didn't think anyone was going to respond negatively to the Remie Mod 700 in .308Win

Longshot, I intend to use it as a versatile caliber. The first hunt this year will be a blesbuck, sprinbuck and black wilde beest in the burgersdorp EC area as a voorsit hunt, the second hunt rheebuck in the Boshoff FS area ("mountaineering") and hopefully the third comes off as well and that will be a kudu cow near Thabazimbi LIM (walk and stalk).

For the first 2 hunts i intend to use Remington Scirocco Bonded in 165gr (boatail) and for the kudu i'll be looking at Norma (with Nosler Partition) in 180gr giving me 2428 fps @ 100Y.

Hopefully I can sort out all the licensing etc for at least one of the hunts. :'(

What do you guys think of the Remington ammo?

I would like to fit a Leupold VX1 3-9X40 or Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X40? What do you guys reckon?

The 308 is a very versatile cal. The REM action is the BEST for accuracy BUT the feed and bolt head design are not the best for a hunting rifle I feel. I own 2 rifles built on Rem 700 actions. What is 'best' for hunting and ensuring perfect feeding from the mag each time is 'controlled' feed as in the Mauser'98/Win pre64 actions. This means that when you stroke the bolt the cartridge is picked up and HELD against the bolt face by a metal clip. The Rem has an enclosed bolt face, great for accuracy, but a little 'finger nail' that holds the base in the bolt face.
    I would go for the Rem but have it modded with a SAKO extractor.
    Overall the Rem is a well built piece of equipment.
    h.

User

controlled feeding... That's why i will only build a dangerous game rifle on a pre-64,Brno or k98 action.

Quote Originally Posted by bufdvz
    Hi Guys

Can someone please tell me who distributes Remington rifles in South Africa and where can I buy accesories like Remington rifle bags, remington knives, remington rifle slings and remington ammo (core lokt inter bond premier). Is the remington ammo good value for money compared to e.g highland, PMP, sako or norma.

What do you think of the Model700 in .308Win. I can pick one of these up for a really good price second hand and within my budget now have to decide between a brno or the Mod700.

Thx guys.
    Formalito are the wholesale agents and you will need to work through a dealer but they do bring in items like knives. Ask a dealer to assist you in getting some info on what they got.