Default Motivation Letters

Hi

Would anyone be willing to share their succesfull motivation letter's.

Being a new applicant, i think that there are many of us who are worried our requests will be turned. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am looking for rifle and shotgun motivations for hunting purposes.

Thanks

User

Default Re: Motivation Letters

I'll post what they told me in my rejection letter. Seems like a bit of a generic reply. By addressing these issues point by point I won my appeal. This was for self-defence\sport. Main reason self-defence:

1.“You failed to provide any supplementary documentation in support of your reasons and to substantiate the need namely, self-defence for which the firearm is required.”

2.“You failed to provide any substantive and /or adequate reasons in order to proof that a need exist to possess the particular firearm and that the need cannot be satisfied by any other means than possessing the said firearm.”

3.“You failed to convince the Registrar that there exist circumstances or reasons that necessitate the possession of a handgun.”

4.“You failed to convince the Registrar why the specific firearm is the most suitable for the purpose as required namely, self-defence.”

5.“You did not provide any documentary proof of your participation in sport shooting or any proof that you belong to a sport association, club or organisation.”

6.“You did not indicate your affiliation at a sport club or participation in sport activities.”

7.“You failed to indicate that you participate, from time to time, in sport shooting activities.”

8.“You did not indicate the degree of proficiency you attained.”

Banned

Thanks for that Shooter! I countered some of the (possible) refusal options presented in your post in the motivation to an application I must submit next week. Forewarned is forearmed! fighting0002

User

Quote Originally Posted by dhignett
    Thanks for that Shooter! I countered some of the (possible) refusal options presented in your post in the motivation to an application I must submit next week. Forewarned is forearmed! fighting0002
    Good luck, hope it helps!

I think this does give a good point of departure on how to approach a application. Cover these points and thus close the loop on a refusal. I do not think that addressing these points is out of line or asking to much. To me (althought I do not agree with the current FCA) the current FCA is something like a 'use-it-or-lose-it' scenario and thus proof that you do 'use-it'.....

Banned

Corne, yeah, that's the way I looked at it. When I reviewed my lengthy motivation versus the CFR's short, pointed refusal facets. I had for example given details including a letter of my DSS status but didn't unpack each and every divisions I have classified in and compete in? I thought that having DSS status and copies of participation certificates would be enough but given the refusal point of "You did not indicate the degree of proficiency you attained" perhaps it's not. So I unpacked the whole enchilada insofar as the various levels of proficiency. Much like having a gun, it's better to have a motivation and not need it than to need a motivation and not have it.

If anyone else has a list of real refusals similar to the one provided by shooter PLEASE post it (I'm assuming it's not posted elsewhere and I'm to buggered to search, sorry) so that we can be proactive in drafting our creative motivation letters and counter each possible facet of refusal in the motivation, no matter how obtuse it may be!

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=1822.0

Grantrist I strongly recommend getting in touch with either Khumba or SSP and utilize their professional services!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!