Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default What night sights do you use, recommend and why?

I looked at the Trijicon, but seen the Heinie also gets a good review, and then theres Truglo.

Which night sights do you guys use or recommend?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Default Re: What night sights do you use, recommend and why?

I currently have trijicon on my carry gun but to be honest I dont like three dot sights as I find them too busy. Personally I like tritium just on the front sight or at most the straight eight style. Warren Tactical seems to be the current HSLD set up. I would look for something with a very wide rear notch and as narrow a front sight as possible.

I have Heinie SlantPro Straight Eights on my carry gun (G19). I have chopped and changed sights regularly for the last 10 years and find these to be the quickest to acquire in near/total darkness. Your eye does seem to pick up vertical alignment quicker than horizontal with these. I do a fair amount of low-light shooting these days and prefer these style sights to the the three-dot style. They work only marginally well for me in daylight however. The rear notch is not wide enough and the front blade not thin enough, especially for a compact. I figure it does'nt mean they're unusable, I think that I'm more likely to use them at night (where they are advantageous!). I recently put a set of Warren Tacticals (non-tritium) on my IDPA SSP gun and they work like a bomb. I may get a set of the Tritium WT for the carry gun to keep things similar. Apparently they're also about to release a two-dot system.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Trijicon on Glocks. Because (1) my first set which I bought is plus minus 17 years old and still glows better than 1/2 life and (2) local distributor (good thing for warranty issues etc).

Wilson Combat Combat Pyramid (which I believe has trijicon vials) on my WC.

Don't want to get into the discussion to much, but I have some Trijicon's that I can give to you at a bargain brand new in box, will have to check which model it is, maybe you can twist my arm and you can score a freebie, don't ask to many questions why!

Craig, maybe we can give this as a prize with one of my torches, if members have any suggestions they should let us know!

Have not experimented with this much and I think that the straight 8 might be the better option. My Glock 17 feature standard Glock Night Sight at the rear. Had the Glock Front Night Sight also on, but did not like it and found it a bit to wide for day shooting. Replaced the Front with a Trijicon. This is thinner which works better in daytime and it is also brighter than that of Glock. This makes the front sight stand out better compared to the Glock with equal strenght front and back. Due to the difference in distance(with equal strenght front and back) the front the looks duller than the back and I want the front to be more prominent (get that front sight on the target). With the stronger trijicon at the front, I achieve this.

User

See poll results on http://www.m4carbine.net/ - Trijicon in front with 44%.

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG
    Don't want to get into the discussion to much, but I have some Trijicon's that I can give to you at a bargain brand new in box, will have to check which model it is, maybe you can twist my arm and you can score a freebie, don't ask to many questions why!

Craig, maybe we can give this as a prize with one of my torches, if members have any suggestions they should let us know!
    Hey SWATG, maybe we could give the sights to the person who starts the first / best thread on night sights ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Khumba, they were my first choice to start with, then heard good things about the Heinie's
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I forgot to mention that the tritium on the Heinies is manufactured by Trijicon.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast