Quote Originally Posted by Johann the Horrible
I would like you to consider the following. A few years ago I did some advanced training at one of the Polices "farms". Part of the training was a lot on night work. We had to shoot by ambient light and those "night sights" on the damn Z88`s were so bright you could see them clearly, but not the targets themselves. Almost like lasers, you can see where it is pointed but not on what it is pointed. The first opportunity I got I "tipexed" the inserts over and kept it like that until the day I handed my gun in and left the Police in disgust.

You have to see your sights yes, but it is more important that that your sights does not blind you so that you cannot make out your target.
errr what Z was that? when did the police give us night sights that were so bright? are you talking about the shoots using the blue lights on the vehicle? I cant seem to remember anyone on the courses I went to saying that, maybe you were lucky and got a Z with nice sights cause I really cannot remember sights so bright that they blinded you, did you maybe not get a Z that someone had done some work on and had those put on?