Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default domestic violence and firearms?

OK boys i have a question to the legal eagles. I was working last night and got a domestic violence complaint. When i got there the complainant said her husband threatend to shoot her(that i find highly unlikely) but OK,so be it. I opened the case,arested him and booked all his guns into the sap13. Now i have been around the block and i know that later this week she Will come and withdraw the case(woman mis use the police all the time). So Wat happens then? Will it effect his licencing applications? Can he go and collect his guns(that are rather valuable) or Will a dfo hold a hearing to first establish if he is still competent and the do finds that he is can he only then go and collect them. This really bothers me as i feel he is the victim here...

Default Re: domestic violence and firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    OK boys i have a question to the legal eagles. I was working last night and got a domestic violence complaint. When i got there the complainant said her husband threatend to shoot her(that i find highly unlikely) but OK,so be it. I opened the case,arested him and booked all his guns into the sap13. Now i have been around the block and i know that later this week she Will come and withdraw the case(woman mis use the police all the time). So Wat happens then? Will it effect his licencing applications? Can he go and collect his guns(that are rather valuable) or Will a dfo hold a hearing to first establish if he is still competent and the do finds that he is can he only then go and collect them. This really bothers me as i feel he is the victim here...
    Unless the DFO holds a 102 and finds him unfit, the guns MUST be returned.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

What is a "102"? ???
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Section 102 enquiry.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Unless the DFO holds a 102 and finds him unfit, the guns MUST be returned.
    Not a legal eagle but I agree. However my question would be would the DFO have sufficient grounds to hold a 102 enquiry when the complainant withdraw the case?

User

thanx ssp,1 last thing:can the police stations firearm and liquer oficial(a non comision officer) hold a 102?

User

no not on a warrent. He was "deemed" to be a immediate threat to his wife(not by me). Really feel bad about his sako 7mm rem mag and greener 12g that he has a chance of loosing(woman,can be evil if they don't get there way)

User

OTOH if he was beating the crap out of her the I don't believe he deserves guns or sunshine or freedom or.......

no not on a warrent. He was "deemed" to be a immediate threat to his wife(not by me). Really feel bad about his sako 7mm rem mag and greener 12g that he has a chance of loosing(woman,can be evil if they don't get there way)
    Piet , I'm married and my wife has on numerous occasions through our 15 year marrage irritated the shit out of me. Not ever have I raised a hand to her or threatened to use my firearms on her. Agree with BigT , hope you never get the call the arrest they guy after he shoots her.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

there wasnt a mark on her. Understand this,no real man lifts his hand to a woman. Infact a real man only fight out of necesity,never anger! When i say i feel she missused the police then i mean it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast