Default Firearm for Bodyguarding

I am a bodyguard and use my own handgun that is registered as a self defence weapon to my name. Some people say this is allowed and some say that the person that I work for - although he is a private individual - must issue me with a firearm. What does the law say?

Default Re: Firearm for Bodyguarding

Please firstly I believe that you are a professional. so no more bodyguard, call yourself a CPO or something like that, yes I know that I am being pedantic, but welcome to the forum. This is a grey area, I know of plenty companies that allows their CPO's to carry their own pistols. and they have a letter stating from CFR that this is fine. Firtsly you have to be registered with PSIRA, i know this is a joke but you have to, easier would be to send me a Private Mail and I will gladly help you with this as my typing is to slow and information to much.

Default Re: Firearm for Bodyguarding

correct its either cp, cpo, psd or protective officer

bodyguard or minder are completely different concepts!

what is your threat dynamic etc all of this depends and has bearing on your question, 70% of close protective work does not require a firearm

If you are performing a core security function for an employer he is bound in terms of the occupational health and safety act to provide you with ALL protective equipment as well as the training to use said equipment!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!