User

Default How do I apply for this rifle?

Hi,

I've got dedicated sports-man status via SAPSA and doing IPSC & 3 gun shooting. I'm in the process of choosing another rifle, let's say it's a .308 or so.

How do I license it for sport/hunting use = 10 years? confused0083

-Under the same dedicated sports-man status? What do I say do I want it for 4 gun? (don't know if 4 gun is under SAPSA)
    -Occassional hunting? - What's the requirements?

Thanks!

User

Default Re: How do I apply for this rifle?

dont know how sapsa works but licence it under sec 15 then point out that you want to hunt but the ar is not suitabile for hunting. Point out the game you want to hunt and at wat ranges(not 800m!)

User

(not 800m!)
    Thanks Piet! hpy194 I'll try to keep it under 400m, except if someone dares me....

Do you perhaps have the working of sec 15?

I would say that you would have to go the section 15 route except if you do buy a rifle that can meet the requirements of say 'Manual Action Standard Division'. I would say look at the divisions and how you could possibly fit it in the specific division. If you can, go section 16 else go section 15

User

Join a Hunting association like SAHUNTERS or NSA and get yourself a "hunting" rifle licence for 10 years.

User

you dont have to join a club to own a rifle under sec 15. Just properly motivate that you want to hunt and use it for sport...

User

Thanks!

I agree section 16 is what I want! 10 year license is definately my choice and I'm planning to buy plenty more rifles!

Is there any shoots for rifle's like a .308 or .300 WSM in SAPSA? Do you think I can get DSS for a rifle like that via SAPSA or do I have to go the DHS route?

Does anyone here belong to these associations? Who do you recommend? I'm in JHB, PTA would also be ok...

Quote Originally Posted by acidblood
    Thanks!

I agree section 16 is what I want! 10 year license is definately my choice and I'm planning to buy plenty more rifles!

Is there any shoots for rifle's like a .308 or .300 WSM in SAPSA? Do you think I can get DSS for a rifle like that via SAPSA or do I have to go the DHS route?

Does anyone here belong to these associations? Who do you recommend? I'm in JHB, PTA would also be ok...
    If you want to go this route have a look at the Manual Action Standard Division fir IPSC 3 Gun Shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by acidblood
    Thanks!

Join NSA and get Dedicated hunter status, then you can get the rifles you want provided you can motivate your need. You also then can buy/ keep more than 200 rounds / callibre of ammo at a time.