Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Survival rifle

User

Default Re: Survival rifle

My take on SHTF survival: Take note its my opinion.....

SHTF you do not want to stand out in a crowd.
    You certainly do not want to carry a rifle, or anything than can be remotely identified as one, not even if it is bagged. Cops (Gubberment or Robberment) and BGs will target you. Chances are that an emergency may be declared, or a curfview.
    You do need a handgun of some sort, concealed, for close in defense (last resort), for when the BGs find ya. If you have anything deemed of value, you will be targeted, it may be food, or water or your stuff. Rifle may be useless in this scenario.

SHTF in SA, what is the most likely scenario? Figure that one out for where you are. Floods or Criminal activity, vigilantes, power outage for some reason, farm attack, house invasion etc etc.

Surprise is still the best defense, or offence. Remain hidden, remain silent, have first aid training and a kit, be prepared. Do some scenario planning and figure it out. It matters little if you right or not, you have a plan, it can be adapted on the fly. Most important, you have an understanding of what is required, therefore you are prepared.

Takedown rifle like the Ruger 10/22 semiauto, small, light and accurate. Its available new in SA. Its way less than R10k. Being a semiauto .22 ammo is cheap, and light. You can shoot subsonics with a silencer and nobody more than 20-30m will even know you there. Its in production since 1964, lots of spares available, still scarce in SA tho.

Whatever you decide, a handgun and a takedown silenced rifle will cover more than 80% of the general scenarios.

Rgrds

User

Default Re: Servival rifle

Quote Originally Posted by wah View Post
    A small bird will give you about 30g of meat and you will take an hour to clean it and eat it. Just to get one meal will take you the whole day of hunting and cleaning. Make a test and let us know.

Regards

WAH
    if you're planning to use an airrifle to take birds, stock up on birdseed along with the pellets. no hours of hunting required

Posted the pic in another thread, but this would be my survival rifle.
    MOLON LABE

Servival rifle

After much thought this is my final conclusion.
    This the only real practical choices available to the average hunter preper servivalist.

.First choice .22lr rifle some thing wish a short 16inch barrel silencer and a scope.

Secound choice .357mag leaver action rifle......is short handy not intimidating that u look like a sniper , and range enough for servival use.ammo cheap enough and 10 shots.perfect.
    Or
    Third chooce.12ga shot gun or 308 rifle.

The .22 indispensable the others luxury s but I think u would b well served with one of the other 3.i know 12 ga and 308 every one can seethe the thinking b hind it.
    357mag carbine leaver action ........think about it a bit??? Not a bad choice for man or beast and ammo available.

Any way thats my thoughts on the mater, they time proven and easy to find at any gun shop and eazy enogh to motivate for a license.

I enjoy reading all ur idears.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7