Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I have taken the provisional 2012 SADPA calendar and turned it into an MS Outlook calendar file (.ics) which you can import into Outlook. It is a file of about 110kB so send me a PM with your email address and I will mail it to you if interested. I can also export it as a text or csv file if you would like to import it into another calendar program. Specify in your PM if you want it in a format other than MS Outlook.

I will update the calendar as new versions are published and email to all that has previously requested it. Latest version is 15 Dec 2011.

@ Glock Goblin: I can provide you with the .ics file if you would like to publish it on the SADPA website in addition to the Excel spreadsheet already there. Let me know.

Default Re: 2012 SADPA Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    I have taken the provisional 2012 SADPA calendar and turned it into an MS Outlook calendar file (.ics) which you can import into Outlook. It is a file of about 110kB so send me a PM with your email address and I will mail it to you if interested. I can also export it as a text or csv file if you would like to import it into another calendar program. Specify in your PM if you want it in a format other than MS Outlook.

I will update the calendar as new versions are published and email to all that has previously requested it. Latest version is 15 Dec 2011.

@ Glock Goblin: I can provide you with the .ics file if you would like to publish it on the SADPA website in addition to the Excel spreadsheet already there. Let me know.
    Awesome Rudes!!! PM inbound!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Guys, I'm about to shit in the jacuzzi again...

It is a problem that I did address last year at the SADPA AGM, but which seems not to have found much resonance with clubs.

SAPS uses the SADPA calender to gauge the period for issuing S21 Permits if your motivation is for SADPA dedicated sport shooting.

The SADPA calender is published too late, and for a major club (major primarily because I shoot there quite often) to only publish their club shoot dates at the end of the first month of the year is a poor show - I guess my tyres are gonna be flat after the next shoot there.

And THEN we get into the minutiae of the calender... Where are the 3 gun shoots?

The first one in Gauteng is end Feb!

Even clubshoots are thin on the ground. I realise that we have a new crop of shooters and NSOs and classifiers are the order of the day, but there are almost no other shoots on offer!

Are we all tired and complacent? Don't we WANT to shoot?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

It is a problem that I did address last year at the SADPA AGM, but which seems not to have found much resonance with clubs.

SAPS uses the SADPA calender to gauge the period for issuing S21 Permits if your motivation is for SADPA dedicated sport shooting.

The SADPA calender is published too late, and for a major club (major primarily because I shoot there quite often) to only publish their club shoot dates at the end of the first month of the year is a poor show - I guess my tyres are gonna be flat after the next shoot there.

And THEN we get into the minutiae of the calender... Where are the 3 gun shoots?

Even clubshoots are thin on the ground. I realise that we have a new crop of shooters and NSOs and classifiers are the order of the day, but there are almost no other shoots on offer!

Move down to Slaapstad Paul, FBGC are having a 3 gun/ DMG every second month ;D

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Carter View Post
    Move down to Slaapstad Paul, FBGC are having a 3 gun/ DMG every second month ;D
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me...
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

SAPS uses the SADPA calender to gage the period for issuing S21 Permits if your motivation is for SADPA dedicated sport shooting.

Paul as far as I remember you were informed at the AGM that most clubs are not the owners nor the primary users of the ranges they use. They are dependent on the host club finalising it's calendar and can only then start preparing their own calendar for SADPA shoots. Afaik the chairman of CDPC specifically addressed this issue.

SADPA can only start preparing the calendar once all the club calendars have been submitted. The SADPA calendar is is prepared by people who are doing it out of love for the sport , they have full time jobs and families and they do not get paid for doing it.

So I suggest you live with it and plan around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoG26

Good stuff Pivo!!!

My 1st shoot at Potch will be the 31st of March.
    Hmm... I see that PDPC has a 3-gun league on 31-Mar. We can't miss that!

Let me know about your next expedition...

Seams that dispite our best efforts we can't keep all the people happy all the time! Oh well just the way it is. Please note that there are significantly more 2and 3 gun matches this year than last year. Still awaiting GCDPC dates which will be in after their AGM next week. No clubs have stepped upto the plate as yet with regards to Northern Nationals and IDPA Africa Champs as yet. Also looking to try and get more SADPA Leagues hosted in Gauteng in the front half of the year. However this must be done in consultation (read begging) the clubs to host League etc.

Paul rather than sitting on the sideline complaining, why don't you roll your sleeves up and present whatever additional shoots you want at your club. Offer to serve as MD and organise every aspect of the shoot from COF's! SO's and range avail, patches, targets, scoresheets etc.

Paul inste

Most clubs would welcome more member involvement on a MD level!
    As I recall you were unhappy about us not having the calendar up earlier, now that it is up you still unhappy. Reffer the first line of my reply. . . . above

GCDPC arein the process of reloacating. This is something that must be agreed to by all the members atthe AGM! This is the reason that they have not been able to commit to shoot dates as yet-not because they are being slapgat. New range usage and the building of new/additional ranges needs to be finalised with the range owners firstly. As they have access to only 3 pistol ranges at this time, hardly enough to host a club shoot nevermind a 2 or 3gun and definately no SADPA Leagues at this stage, not ideal, but forced to take what they can get shooting ranges are not a dime a dozen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast