Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PAR Mk3 Review

User

Default PAR Mk3 Review

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on one of the recent import of PAR Mk3s (14.5 inch barrel), here are my early comments.
    If you are looking for a M4 type platform, this is a serious contender. The build quality is unmatched by any M4 I have seen available here (the only one I havent fondled is the V-AR, so that is excluded from the comparison). The finish is not just slick, it a mettalurgicall masterpiece. Outfitted standard with Magpul type MBUS sights and the Magpul version collapseable stock, the MBUS sights, although well made and very slick to use, are probably best relegated to their designated role as BUIS as they are not as good at presebting a sight picture as the pop ups that came on my YHM M4 (those are steel). Accordingly, you are probably going to have to spring for some optics-Ii have an aimpoint fitted now, and have moved the MBUS onto 45 degree offset rails on the right side of the rifle. those of you who are used to the standard stock release action of conventional M4 systems will need to relearn for this system- the release is inside the skeleton, and sliding your hand down as usual will just activate a locking mechanism... hey, its an excuse to get more range time with this beauty to familiarise yourself with the new system!
    Rails are strong, well machined and tight fitting. The machining is comfortable without adding rubber or other grips, but I did add a magpul angled forend as a personal preference and to make activation of my choice of lighting, a M6 insight- easier.
    The weapon ships with a G-mag 30 rd polymer magazine. i am not a polymer mag fan, but will be ordering more of these robust and well built mags.
    Gas setting is easy, and there are 4 settings. Its however important to read the manual as too much gas makes for a particularly violent and uncomfortable action, and can, and has, caused the extractor to rip the belting off spent brass. My mistake was assuming the setting was on intermediate, when in fact it was on 'belt the cr@p out of the operator'. A quick reference to the manual fixed that.
    Shooting this rifle is a pleasure. The action is like oiled velvet and the whole package is very well balanced. Accuracy was startling and offhand groups were far tighter than I normally get with any of my other 5.56s. I am looking forward to testing it at 200m as so far its only been shot indoors.
    Stripping to clean is simple and tool-free.
    This weapon goes straight to the top of my list of go-to SLRs once the CFR formalities have been concluded and a couple of hundred more rounds have been fired thru her on the range, a serious contender if you are in the market for a M4 platform, or any SLR for that matter. just the build quality alone will cmake you fall in love!

User

Default Re: PAR Mk3 Review

Andy
    I haven't seen the MK3's yet, but I can tell you the V-AR completely underwhelmed me. IMO the CQA is better value for money and build quality is on par.
    So far the NEA's, ZM4's and YHM's are the best M4 varients I've seen in S.A from a build quality point of view.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Andy
    I haven't seen the MK3's yet, but I can tell you the V-AR completely underwhelmed me. IMO the CQA is better value for money and build quality is on par.
    So far the NEA's, ZM4's and YHM's are the best M4 varients I've seen in S.A from a build quality point of view.
    Hi Brendan. Thanks for responding. As I said, the V-AR is not a weapon I'm familiar with. I do however own a YHM M4 (16.5") and thought it was a great firearm. Taking nothing away from YHM, comparing it with the PAR is like comparing an UZI with a H&K MP5... The build and finish is something to see.

User

Thanks for the review Andy.

Bought a PAR Mk3 a couple of weeks ago, Paper work will be handed to local DFO in Jan 2012.

Now I cannot wait to shoot it.

User

Whoo boet. You have no idea yet. Nice choice, wait til you run her! Best assault rifle I have ever handled, and I own more than a few! Dream nice, and when cfr let you, enjoy!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andy37 View Post
    Whoo boet. You have no idea yet. Nice choice, wait til you run her! Best assault rifle I have ever handled, and I own more than a few! Dream nice, and when cfr let you, enjoy!
    Congrats both of ya! I'm gonna run my FN FAL in for its first time soon!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Congrats both of ya! I'm gonna run my FN FAL in for its first time soon!
    Enjoy! I have a para and a full length one, they are awesome! Nothing beats an R1 (FAL) when the SHTF! Did you get one of the recent Zim imports? There is a history behind those, if so, don't modify it.....lolol

User

*necropost*

Hey guys. By now you must have put through a good few hundreds of rounds, if not more.

Would like to hear how things have been going with the Mk3. Reliability, quality, accuracy etc.

Well I would like to hear about how it performs as well seeing as its 3 1/2 Years later...

User

Mine wouldnt run, so the agents took it back and credited me against a SIG553. (DSG, thanks again- awesome support)
    So I cant write a report. I do know of one down here, and afaik it has run flawlessly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast