Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint CompC3

Default Re: Aimpoint CompC3

BigT, battery life of both as stated on aimpoints website is 50 000 hours. I am thinking of mounting it on a LaRue which has a spare battery compartment, but I dony think the H1 is gonna offer superior handling over the comp. the comp is only 100g heavier and if I dont mount all sorts of non neaded accessories I dont think thats really gonna effect handling (I am a complete noob with AR's so I might be wrong). And then there's the fact that with the comp you get those nice flip-up waterproof caps.

You blokes aint gonna allow me to buy that comp over the micro are you???
    MOLON LABE

"Am I being stupid?"

JMO...'stupid'? No...the Comp3 is an excellent optic. I have a Comp2 I have run trouble free for almost a decade now and it works just fine. If you prefer a bigger, heavier optic with much shorter battery life because it looks better that is your choice. For me, my ARs are work / training rifles and I really don't care much about looks or 'fit and finish'...tip top quality and reliability are much more important to me, and that you will get from both the Comp series and the Micro (T1 / H1 and S1) I have a buddy who got a hella price on an S1 (the silver version...not sure they still sell it now) he just sprayed it flat black and it works like a charm!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Noted on battery life which is important, why is it then that their website states the battery life is equal on both?
    MOLON LABE

User

Sorry mustve been thinking M2 battery life. Still want as little weight above the rifle as possible. But dude if you want it buy it. Its not the one I'd buy but you like it and I'd rather have it than pretty much any other make.

Is CompC3 a magnifier? I don't see any reference to magnifying specs, but the shape & size gives me an idea that it might(?)

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    Noted on battery life which is important, why is it then that their website states the battery life is equal on both?
    Because they have now apparently figured out how to use the same technology with the Comp3 series as they have all along with the Micro optics...something I was until this point unaware of since the smaller footprint and lighter weight of the Micro series still make it the first choice for me. At 50,000 hr. per battery, that is a huge improvement...especially in a duty or HD optic since it means you can just turn the sight on and leave it on setting '7' all the time. Given that there are 8,750 hours in a 365 day year, and the minimal cost of replacement batteries, (as well as the fact that higher settings or cold weather, etc. can effect battery life) what most do with the Micros is to just replace the battery once a year.

So OK...battery life is the same now......but be certain you get a new version coz that has not been the case prior to this latest version.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

I appreciate the advise and feedback.

Im gonna get the Comp. Main reason being the fact that I can get it in 2MOA, shooting furthar than 80m will rarely happen but there are some rare trips that I make where the shooting can go up to 150m and the 2MOA I think would suit me better. You did however convince me on the H1 and if it dah a 2MOA dot I would have taken it.

Will have to get some tips from ArnoG26 on how to get some bigger biceps to compromise the extra 100g in weight

Once again, thank all for the advise.
    It is much appreciated!
    MOLON LABE

Ok, arrived this morning and I love it.
    I ordered the flip up sights with it and found that they accidently sent the killflash insted of the front flip up.
    I kinda like the look of it so will keep it.
    Anyone shoot with the killflash on your aimpoint and whats your take?
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    Ok, arrived this morning and I love it.
    I ordered the flip up sights with it and found that they accidently sent the killflash insted of the front flip up.
    I kinda like the look of it so will keep it.
    Anyone shoot with the killflash on your aimpoint and whats your take?
    Welcome to the 21st century. The RDS is fast becoming the standard worldwide for military, police and SD carbine use, and IMO Aimpoint makes the best of them all. In fact, even backup irons are fast becoming obsolete among those who have either the money or the issued gear to utilize top quality lasers if RDS goes down at ranges up to 300 meters...precise enough, faster than flip up irons and no clutter in the RDS rear window like with fixed rear BUIS. The times they are a'changin'...
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Oh sorry, not flip up sights
    I meant flip up scope caps!
    MOLON LABE

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast