Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: COLT Series 70 MK.IV .45ACP Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Reloading data is available from somchem. A good gunshop should have their manuals for sale.

Replace all the springs in the gun as cheap insurance.

As its a SD gun, remove the comp.
    Enlighten me in regards to removing the compensator if it is a self defense gun???

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Enlighten me in regards to removing the compensator if it is a self defense gun???
    Do you mean the how or the why?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gert Odendaal View Post
    Shoot a gun with a comp on indoors with no hearing protection. You will get all the enlightenment in the world

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Thank you, luckily all my shooting is done out doors, so no need to remove the comp... I am contemplating using this Colt for walk/stalk hunts on warthogs..are there members who are using their Colts for hunting as well??

User

Gert, if you want to use this Colt only for hunting, why would you want a comp on it? A comp on a handgun only makes follow up shots faster but the muzzle blast becomes a problem even while being outside. What would happen if you shoot under a tree etc? The comp makes the gun longer and a 45Acp is not the best caliber to put a comp on (to make a hg comp work better, you need the largest amount of gas and to do that the sport shooters use a light bullet at n high speed). If you use a comp then you will be in the hg open division. For sd if you have to use your gun tucked in, close to your body all the blast will be in your face at a bad time in your life.

User

I only got this Colt last week, had shot only five rounds with it, got it for free from my good friend Johan Greyling. So I still need to see what this pistol is all about. I am not a pistol person, my wife has a .380 ACP Tanfoglio that is really shooting great..that is about the most I have shot a pistol, except the Army 9mm pistol many years back..

Maybe this Colt will get me more interested in shooting different disciplines at the club shooting days...I always wanted a Colt .45 ACP Mk 4 model 70 since I saw the first one in the gunsmith shop...the solid heavy steel pistol frame is just something special to me...I will leave it as is..will decide much later if I need to remove or replace any part of it at all...

I still think of getting a 9mm pistol as well for every day carry , using the colt .45 ACP for fun shooting and walk/stalk warthog hunting...fun hunting...

User

Gert,

The comp on a 45ACP is not that loud and does make a difference. Maybe not as much as a 38 Super but still very usable. The Comp on your pistol is not too heavy and essentially keeps the balance close enough to an original. Keep it as it is an enjoy it!

User

Omw what a monday morning, wanted to add on to this,got distracted and gone is my question?

Lmao

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    Gert,

The comp on a 45ACP is not that loud and does make a difference. Maybe not as much as a 38 Super but still very usable. The Comp on your pistol is not too heavy and essentially keeps the balance close enough to an original. Keep it as it is an enjoy it!
    Samizat, I do appreciate your advice greatly. I only shot 5 x rounds with it in the 20m shooting range at the gun shop...I perceived it as a sweet shooting .45 pistol after the 5 x rounds.
    I am currently busy with a few projects and will make time to shoot a few more rounds through this week somewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2