Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any PAAA guys out there?

I'm new to PAAA, just wanted to know if there's anyone from the association here

Default Re: Any PAAA guys out there?

Mines in process and there are other members
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

PAAA? ???
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Pretoria Arms and Ammunition Association = a collectors association.

Ta. Must b Monday, havent engaged gunside of brain.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Hi guys, could someone please tell me the door and wall thicknesses required for a category B safe, i.e. for semi auto rifles/shotguns. I have heard the door must be 12mm thick? Can it be bolted down in the normal way or must it be over 300 kg? ???Please guys, I know I'm hijacking the thread but it's mine, it's like stealing my own car.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zax
    Hi guys, could someone please tell me the door and wall thicknesses required for a category B safe, i.e. for semi auto rifles/shotguns. I have heard the door must be 12mm thick? Can it be bolted down in the normal way or must it be over 300 kg? ???Please guys, I know I'm hijacking the thread but it's mine, it's like stealing my own car.
    I'm not aware of special requirements, except that you must store the rifle with an additional level of disabled, like a cable through the muzzle or a trigger lock or the bolt/whatever in a different safe.

But that might be part of the new(est) regs, the ones that are two years old and not yet finalised.

I think for category A there is a 20mm door specification, and the normal category C is 6mm according to the SABS. I have no idea what the B specification is.

SAFES

The requirements are more stringent than those previously required in the regulations issued under the Arms and Ammunition Act (See below).

953-1 divides safes into two types, Type A and Type B. Type A are specified in terms of their resistance to attack by hand tools, and Type B by the thickness of the steel used for walls and door. Type A are more secure than Type B. Both types are sub-divided into several different safes, as follows:

A1 - intended for use by collectors and private individuals for the storage of up to 20 firearms and their ammunition.

A2 - intended for use by collectors and dealers for the storage of firearms and their ammunition.

B1 - intended for the storage of up to 4 handguns and their ammunition.

B2 - intended for the storage of up to 10 firearms and their ammunition.

B3 -a lighter safe intended for the temporary storage of firearms and ammunition in motor vehicles and caravans.

All these safes shall have at least one lock, which may be a key lock of at least 6 levers or a combination lock of at least 3 wheels or an electronic lock. All safes of net mass less than 300 kg must be bolted down to floor or wall, or preferably both.

Type A. The A2 is a more secure safe than is the A1, and must meet Category 2 of SABS 751, "Burglar-resistant safes". As such the door must be of at least 20 mm thickness. No thickness is specified for A1, nor for the walls of either, being up to the manufacturer to decide in meeting the specified resistance to attack times.

Type B. Wall thickness of floor, roof and sides must be at least 2,8 mm (nominal 3 mm) and of door 5,75 mm (nominal 6 mm), but may be thicker.

Quote Originally Posted by zax
    I'm new to PAAA, just wanted to know if there's anyone from the association here
    I have been a member for 10 years now.

User

I've been a member for quite some time, best association by far! ;D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast