Thread: Where to go?

User

Default Where to go?

Hi guys,

I was intending to pop down to Golden City Shooting Club this weekend to try find out what IDPA is all about. In my naivete I assumed that it was GCDPA's exclusive use club and luckily came across mention of it moving. Could anyone please point me to a range where an IDPA shoot or practice will be taking place this weekend? I live in Edenvale, so something close to that would be great. According to the calendar there are a bunch of shoots taking place, but unfortunately I don't have a clue where any of them are.

Thanks for any help,
    Gunna.

Default Re: Where to go?

Hi

JDPC will be having a club shoot on Staurday from about 12h00.
    johannesburg Defensive Pistol Club (JDPC). Shooting out of the Roodepoort international Shooting Range off Nadine Street, Florida.
    Follow the SPCA sign, drive past the SPCA, and the road ends in the range property. Park and walk down to the container with all the guys standing around. Unfortunately you will not be able to shoot, but just by watching you will get a good idea what it is all about. Take shooting/ protective glasses and ear protection with you.

www.sadpa.co.za go to clubs for more details about club locations, contact persons etc. Monty is the MD for the day at JCDP try and talk to him although as MD he could be very busy! Monty is the tallest guy on the range - impossible to miss, really nice guy! Also reffer to the calendar on the website for club shoot dates.

GCDPC will be having their AGM followed by a club shoot on @! JAN 2012. Although if you like what you see you would do better to Join SADPA in the week, ensure all doc's are completed, and returned, along with payment, and to then do the NSO at JDPC on 21 Jan 2012, as once you have done the NSO you are GTG, and can participate in shoots at any/ all SADPA clubs!

Trust this helps!

User

Default Re: Where to go?

Well, thanks for all the info Glock Goblin.

I dug out my old shooting case Friday night and made sure it still contained my hearing and eye protection. Kept it out so that I would be ready to go to the shoot on Saturday. I also mentioned to my wife that I was going to Roodepoort (this I think was the big mistake I made). Her father stays there so she wanted to come along and go visit daddy while I go to the range. All good so far. Then I got a call from my brother-in-law saying they were going to see us at FIL's (father-in-law) place. When we finally got to FIL's (about 12:15, so already late) the whole fandamily was there and getting ready to start braaing immediately! And so all my plan's evaporated like the rain that was falling onto the gas (blegh) braai "coals".

So sorry I could not make it to meet all the guys there but I've been doing a bit of YouTubing and other searches and it's definately what I want to do. I'll be joining in the week.

I'm torn though. I would like to go to GCPC on the 21st, even though I'll not be able to shoot, I really would like to meet everyone and finally get a tactile taste of what's in store. On the other hand it's probably a better idea to hit JDPC on the 21st to get my NSO done and then be able to shoot at any of the clubs. Think best would be to get in touch with GCDPC to find out just when their first NSO is.

Thanks again!