Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    R.I.P.

Default Airsoft Simulations - Effective as Training for Real World Scenarios?

I have a few airsoft pistols that I bought way back about 8 years ago. I've done a lot of training with them; it's cheap and except for the lack of recoil the weapons are very realistic.

I was just wondering if there is anyone more qualified than me who cares to comment:

- How effectively does training with airsoft guns prepare you for real-world scenarios?
    - Any things you should watch out for / be careful of (e.g. bad habits that can be formed)?
    - And just a silly question: are there any professional guys (e.g. military) who train with airsoft weapons?

Default Re: Airsoft Simulations - Effective as Training for Real World Scenarios?

Absolutely, but don't let it become a game. Force on force training using airsoft is well known and done widely.

Default Re: Airsoft Simulations - Effective as Training for Real World Scenarios?

It also really teaches you what "behind cover" means, especially if you do your training with a light T shirt and teaches you to move as fast as you can.

User

personally, i wish some sadpa shoots would be done with airsoft pistols..... and the badguys/targets can shoot back.
    then you'll see how quickly things change.... like casually strolling to cover, not using cover, not checking all the angles, etc.

also, i would love to do a course with somone like BigT while using airsoft equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    personally, i wish some sadpa shoots would be done with airsoft pistols..... and the badguys/targets can shoot back.
    then you'll see how quickly things change.... like casually strolling to cover, not using cover, not checking all the angles, etc.

also, i would love to do a course with somone like BigT while using airsoft equipment.
    If funds allowed i would have bought a couple of these and get a couple friends over, every now and then to "play" but alas like most things in life it's not a hobby, sport, training technique for the guy on budget...

I'm pretty sure if you can get the club to invest in a couple of these most shooters would be happy to play BG, whether SADPA would endorse the shoot or stage is a different story! You would have to be really strict on where the real FA's go and making sure nobody has hidden ammo etc...

User

bad habits to avoid- mistaking concealment for cover, and thinking you are safe at a distance the airsoft rounds cannot reach but real bullets could. same applies to paintballling for training purposes

R.I.P.

@Bushboy

Thanks for the info and the video.

Do you guys know of anyone in or near Stellenbosch who would be interested in doing some training using airsoft firearms?

User

Quote Originally Posted by francois.viljoen View Post
    @Bushboy

Thanks for the info and the video.

Do you guys know of anyone in or near Stellenbosch who would be interested in doing some training using airsoft firearms?
    check here : www.paintball.co.za

User

Quote Originally Posted by Silvrav View Post
    check here : www.paintball.co.za
    he said training, not play.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast