Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glock C's

User

Default Glock C's

Please could you guys give me more info regarding the Comp models as I would be using it for SD as well as on the range, does it spend as much gas as some say?

Default Re: Glock C's

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Please could you guys give me more info regarding the Comp models as I would be using it for SD as well as on the range, does it spend as much gas as some say?
    I'm sure you'll hear guys say that it makes no difference and they've "held their hand over the ports" and felt only mild blast. Yes, but bear in mind there is a big difference between skin and eyeball. Also, night-time muzzle flash can be quite extreme depending on the load. As for shootability, I've shot a number of ported models (21C/19C/23C) and have not noticed anything that makes me want one.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

I would stay far away. On a SD gun those ports could lead to an injury if fired from an unconventional position. You really don't need to jets of hot gas hitting you in the face when you have more important matters at hand.

They would dramatically reduce your competition options as IDPA would be out as would IPSC production and standard classes.

Lastly they don't offer substantial benefit themselves. While they do reduce muzzle flip slightly I don't think the tiny benefit is worthwhile.

User

Imo a waste of "time" as it offers no real benefit in full-sized and mid-sized 9 and 40 and 45.

Also as said by previous posters you will hamper your sport shooting options severely.

Ditto....

Had one and could not say that I could experience any improvement with the ports and see only negative issues for SD shooting and limitations for sport shooting.

User

+1 on all the statements. A buddy has a ported barrel & wants to get a regular barrel but with the current laws thats gonna be a schlep. So buy wisely, thats a great price on the G19c, but is very limited in it's uses IMHO

Are you looking for one or do you already have one...

I have a 17c, and all I can say is that I love mine dearly. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed again, but its a real tack driver and as I do want to compete in the open devision in IPSC it suites me perfectly. As for the so called blinding effect of the ports, I have shot it in low light situations using spear gold dot sd ammo and have not once been blinded by it. Best advice would be for you to go shoot one if possible and then decide.

User

I am not specifically looking for a Comp model I just thought that R5k sounded like a good price, but it will be carried for SD every day so I would need to get more info and try getting someone to let me shoot thiers.

User

here is a pic of the 19c for sale

I don't liked comped guns for SD. Seriously if you need a comp to tame the violent and excessive recoil of the 9X19 cartridge the money you spend on the gun is better spent elsewhere.

Comped guns are louder and have more blast. In 9mmP there is not enough gas to get the comp to work properly.

The cons far outweigh the (dubious) advantages.

R5k is a good price but not a steal. Look around and I'm sure you will find a propper 19 for a similar price. Otherwise get a hold of the agents and see if they can send to to Austria to have the top end replaced.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast