Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Blade

Default New Blade

OK so im itching for a new knife. Looking for something that will hold an edge as i will be using it for most day to day chores.
    I have already looked at the CRKT m16 Tanto Large, Tops buck (Folder), a couple of the spyderco blades (All folders and all plain blades), And a few cold steel knives.

Now what i have notice with the spyderco is that one model is made in China and another in the U.S of A, the yanky model being almost 3 times, if not more, the price of the Chinease unit.

Waht are the opinions of the users? a day to day knife that can do it all? is that even possible?

Any and all opinions welcome

Default Re: New Blade

It may be helpful if you indicate your budget.

Spyderco's VG10 gets made in japan as the steel was developed there. Pretty much a syrgical(spelling) steel. S30V is made in the USA. Both steels are gtg. I prefer S30V on my EDC blades and it is pretty much the entry level standard for all top tier blades. Cold steel makes some nice blades but use Aus8 wich takes a nice edge but doesnt keep it all that well.

My advice to you would be to get a Spyderco military and be done with it. Its one seriously hard working tool.

If you want something more gentlemanly( dont know if such a word exists) then get a Chris Reeves Sabenza. Pretty, but tough

Peace
    MOLON LABE

User

I second hoggerNaut, the military is an amazing knife. It comes in a few variations of blade steel, handle material, they even have a dedicated left handed military(which I have).

Also agree on the Chris reeve, if you can afford a Sabenza you will not regret it! It's amazing! But pricey!

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06 View Post
    It may be helpful if you indicate your budget.
    I dont know what my budget is. If its quality i dont mind paying. Let say R1000 to start with. Maybe more maybe less.

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    Spyderco's VG10 gets made in japan as the steel was developed there. Pretty much a syrgical(spelling) steel. S30V is made in the USA. Both steels are gtg. I prefer S30V on my EDC blades and it is pretty much the entry level standard for all top tier blades. Cold steel makes some nice blades but use Aus8 wich takes a nice edge but doesnt keep it all that well.

My advice to you would be to get a Spyderco military and be done with it. Its one seriously hard working tool.

If you want something more gentlemanly( dont know if such a word exists) then get a Chris Reeves Sabenza. Pretty, but tough

Peace
    I think the CR might be a bit out of my league for now. All the spyderco Military's made of the same steel? what should i be looking to pay for one of those?

No they aint. I'd be looking at an S30V for EDC. They can be had between R1500 and UP depending on model!
    MOLON LABE

Well thats not bad. Let me know when you have found an S30V going to shapr edge tomorrow to have a look...............again

User

I know trhat it is out of your stated budget,but my top choice would be an Emerson Commander BTS[full size].MRST stock them.

Doesn't get better imho.

Quote Originally Posted by supaswan05 View Post
    Well thats not bad. Let me know when you have found an S30V going to shapr edge tomorrow to have a look...............again
    I aint looking for one. I have plenty, including an S90V model.
    I meant if I was you I'd be looking for an S30V model.
    MOLON LABE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast