Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default BEWARE - INTERNET SCAMSTERS

I have recently been defrauded by a german website - www.germanguns.de. The owner Claus Chopanciewicz quoted me amazing prices and availability of several items. He does not accept credit cards and I paid him via a bank transfer. He sent me a useless, fake tracking number and then stopped responding to emails, phone calls etc. A little internet research showed that he has done this to numerous people all over the world. So beware - and please post details of anyone else who is doing this.

User

Default Re: BEWARE - INTERNET SCAMSTERS

not to be mean/insensitive... but if a company offers Mastercard and/or paypal facilities, it's usually a good sign.

User

Sorry to hear and thanks for the heads-up. I bet you now wish that you done the internet research before you parted with your cash. Hindsight always 20/20.

Indeed - have learned the hard way not to trust fancy websites. A little googling can save a lot of pain!! Check out www.hellopeter.com and enter glockstore - complaints about them there as well!!

With a surname like that , he's not German. Probably find that the website isn't even hosted in germany.

Hate to hear that, Ashman, but thanks for posting your experience here for others to read about. Not to get on a soapbox, but stuff like this happens all the time online, and is a big reason why it usually pays to either buy local and support the dealer(s) who support us, or at the least be to careful about too much bargain hunting offshore. Established companies like Brownell's, etc. will give fair value for money spent...others (Botach comes to mind) not always so...
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    With a surname like that , he's not German. Probably find that the website isn't even hosted in germany.
    Yip, was gona say the same thing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH View Post
    Yep. The surname has a definite Polish ring to it. Sigh!
    I, personally will never EFT to an unknown site/person. Too risky!
    Mj

User

Don't feel bad. I had a co-worker send a Postal Money order for $25,000 USD from Texas to a guy in Michigan for a sports car he had never seen or driven. He only saw pictures of it on the internet.

Guess what he got? Thats right the picture he had printed off of the internet add.

3 days later the advert and the website vanished. The bank account had been created the week before and was closed right after the money order was converted to cash.

User

I also paid some school fees for something similar a while back. Makes one mad!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast