Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

My local DFO is now away on a two week training course. If this is related to the reshuffle it should be positive. Maybe CFR staff also went for training...?

User

Default Re: Reshuffle at CFR

Quote Originally Posted by Nicyale View Post
    My local DFO is now away on a two week training course. If this is related to the reshuffle it should be positive. Maybe CFR staff also went for training...?
    didnt know CFR retraining was only 2 weeks long, explains a lot actually

User

Let me chuck in something for the conspiracy nuts.
    If the purpose of the FCA and the CFR is to make it as problematic and onerous as possible for us to licence and own fire arms, then surely a "reshuffle" is a good way to hinder our applications without obviously obstructing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Let me chuck in something for the conspiracy nuts.
    If the purpose of the FCA and the CFR is to make it as problematic and onerous as possible for us to licence and own fire arms, then surely a "reshuffle" is a good way to hinder our applications without obviously obstructing them?
    I'm a total conspiracy nut..and this also occurred to me...
    Hope we're wrong.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicyale View Post
    I think that's because they change the rules every 2 weeks.

This one told me it's the first training she's getting since she started. Imagine how that must feel. Getting c%#{+¥d on all day because you don't know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    I have been told this by a few "in the know" people over the last few weeks. However, not to the extent of KZN region being handled IN KZN, rather there is a department at CFR that will be the KZN department. So, all KZN comp and licence apps will be dealt with by a single KZN department (possibly a different section within KZN dept. will handle comps and another section within KZN dept. will handle licenses), rather than everything from around the country being handled by the "collective" CFR. So each region will have it's own section within CFR. That is what I've heard consistently from several folk.

Maybe the "in crowd" that have their regular consultative meetings with the CFR people can get more info?
    Hi Prodigal,

This is what we have been told is the plan. That was as of last meeting last year. I can't offer much more than that I am afraid. This "reshuffle"/sudden disppearance of CFR staff is news to me so I can't add anything factual.

User

Same response from the CFR. I have 3 new licenses and 2 competency's in at the moment.
    My local DFO sent the docs to the provincial DFO, supposedly to be re checked for quality, and then in the "monthly bag" take the submissions to the CFR (I presume this is the one in Pretoria)
    No point in trying to phone them. I phoned the Bellville office and they were quite helpfull (021) 918 3000

so just got hold of some one that can help me, or well that actualy said, yes there was a re shufle, all is a total mess at this stage, and appliactions forms all over the place, but for future apps it will go faster, the rest of us with apps in the current system will just have to wait it out

I think this is their standard reply to all , They want us toe deal with the dumb call centre only. Only thing they can say is aaaacutauly is its prosesss si !!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast