Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Who would you trust with your friend?

Hi,

I'm looking for a good gunsmith in the Gauteng, JHB area to work on my AR-15 & Franchi. Who would you guys suggest?

Default Re: Who would you trust with your friend?

Roger Stockbridge. MRS. PM "Silverbullet" on this board.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

what the matter with the FRANCHI?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Nothing serious.... doesn't properly eject 24g & 28g (some). Eley 28g works fine....

My one friend changed something on his gas ports in front, and he shooting anything perfectly! So I'd like to see what we can do. Else it's in a good condition. Also want to see if there's any parts I need to keep spares of...

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

i have the 4 port with an O ring and that works everytime.
    the earlier 2 port may either be made large or two more ports drilled and piston modified

make sure your ports are clean first. it can get gummed up and the residue become like hard varnish and that will impair cycling
    live out your imagination , not your history.

for your AR I would pm Khumba, buy him beers and ask him who he uses! then thank him and use the same guy!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Thanks! Even though it seems like a black hole in finding accesories for my AR, it seems there's some hope in getting it shoot straight! happy0065

Did a 3 gun competition recently and it's quite a thing, concentrating on shooting off target - to compensate in order to hit the target. hpy71

Quote Originally Posted by acidblood
    Thanks! Even though it seems like a black hole in finding accesories for my AR, it seems there's some hope in getting it shoot straight! happy0065

Did a 3 gun competition recently and it's quite a thing, concentrating on shooting off target - to compensate in order to hit the target. hpy71
    An inaccurate AR??? Impossible!! Heresy!!
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Se-ri-ious!! Bought my AR-15 from Dave Sheer and after waiting for so longgggggggg to get it, I finally took it to the range.

Shot @ 25m and md217 didn't hit the target! cfd89 F$%#!!!! What the hell?! 25m! confused0068

Started playing around with shot placement and it was sooo out. Took it home and adjusted sights like crazy. Took it to the range again, adjusted some more. Level is ok, but still with the rear sight max to the right, the AR still shoots 10-12cm to left at only 25m!!! So the AR needs some special TLC.

i have the 4 port with an O ring and that works everytime.
    the earlier 2 port may either be made large or two more ports drilled and piston modified

make sure your ports are clean first. it can get gummed up and the residue become like hard varnish and that will impair cycling
    Thanks! Do you have any info, i.e. who/where ports should be drilled, sizing etc. A bit worried that it might mess up my Franchi.... although I would love it to shoot any ammo.... My Franchi is clean!! Ports polished!

Is your rifle all original? What make and model / brand? Does it use an A1 or A2 rear sight assembly? Does it have a fixed front sight / gas block assembly? Are you certain it has never been rebarreled?
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast