Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: SWATG Gunfight Fundamentals DVD Volume - 1

Thanks Thorkind!
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Hi there Guys,
    I just purchased the Dvd from one of the local Gunshops. I have heard a lot about Swatties training programmes and how awesome they are but did not have the oppurtunity to train with him. I can safely say that the material is excellent. I like the no b.s type of approach and can safely say the techniques and principles are cutting edge and will keep you alive if you practise them, master them and keep active in adding these skills to your repertoire of personal protection.

Swattie the DVD rocks, looking forward to the sequel. We have alot of gifted and skilled individuals in our country that have a lot to offer. If we acknowledge them and support them everyone benefits.

Money well spent, awesome DVD set.

Thanks
    Best Regards

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by glockperfection
    Hi there Guys,
    I just purchased the Dvd from one of the local Gunshops. I have heard a lot about Swatties training programmes and how awesome they are but did not have the oppurtunity to train with him. I can safely say that the material is excellent. I like the no b.s type of approach and can safely say the techniques and principles are cutting edge and will keep you alive if you practise them, master them and keep active in adding these skills to your repertoire of personal protection.

Swattie the DVD rocks, looking forward to the sequel. We have alot of gifted and skilled individuals in our country that have a lot to offer. If we acknowledge them and support them everyone benefits.

Money well spent, awesome DVD set.

Thanks
    Best Regards

swatG adds value to the "proudly south african " label
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Glockperfection, thanks for the kind words, if you bought your copy, then you will have the "limited" edition where the canned volume one was also included, to me our first attempt really sucked, but very glad you enjoyed it.

You are very right when you say that we require more support from the market, at the end of the day it is still a business, and business requires money to move forward, and to get money you will require support from the market.

The good news is that we created some good interest from the first volume, and we are hard at work on bringing out our next one, although we will be taking a break from the usual shooting one and will be launching a combative knife DVD.

I received many inquiries about our knife work, and decided to put it on DVD, and yes it will most probably break away from the norm, and I guarantee you all that it will be different than the rest, our approach to this is that it should be once again very simple and effective, but the main difference would be in our application, you are not going to see two people dueling it out with a knife, we will be focusing on everyday scenarios that you might be faced with, and how we see you can solve it.

I have a crazy schedule ahead of me, and I am still busy with the story line, but we definitely will be launching it early next month, and by keeping to my word how simple and easy it is, I will be using some people in my DVD that has never done any knife training with us, so if anyone is interested in a bit of free training and starring in a movie, you are more than welcome to contact me, who knows we might have a Bruce Willis in the making happy0065

Hi There,

You are most welcome Swattie. I have a principle in Life that if someone has done good work we need to acknowledge it. The knife one sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind helping out with the DVD. I believe in being Practical and functional and anything along those lines I am happy with.

I am quite interested in the concealment holster that you used in the fundamentals DVD in one of the segments. What do they cost??

Good luck with the production and keep up the good work.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind
    Yup. Being a lefty, the extended slide stop is my friend. I usually use my trigger finger to lock the slide open. Another method is where the forward part of the slide is gripped between the thumb and three fingers (support hand), pulled to the rear and locked open with the index finger pushing up on the SS.
    I had the extended slide stop fitted to my G22 especially to use for double feed drills. This is the only thing I changed on my G22 since the last course, except gear etc. What I found on Saturday's course quite frequently was that after slide lock, and when inserting a fresh mag, many times the slide did not go forward when I racked it, and I had to do a tap rack a few times before it worked. Once or twice the slide even went forward when I had to retap. It had never done this before, so naturally I am wondering if it is not the new extended slide stop that is causing this? I have to admit too that my mags are a bit old, with the extended +2 shoe... And most important, how do I correct this? I should get new mags in any case, but should I change back to the standard slide stop as well? Or should it just be "run in" a bit?
    I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with my 17 which also had the extended slide stop fitted.

So much so that I am going to to change it back.

Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6