Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Another Question for the Mods

Think this is the best place for these kind of topics?

I see that I have just been awarded Snr member status. I sincerely hope that there are no new posting expectations, as in more mature posting. Abhm , cant wait for your reply on that hpy194

Well what I really wanted to ask was an explanation for the rankings ,from Newbie ( roof ) through to Hero Member. ie number of posts per rank. I cant see to find it on the site , maybe I just haven't looked well enough. confused0083

Thanks

"Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Default Re: Another Question for the Mods

It is just based on the number of posts. There is a preprogrammed level with a name and once you reach that amount of posts your status changes. It is more a indicator on how active you are on the site that your actual 'level of input' regarding applicability and maturity.

(and somewhere on the way to become a Hero Member you will reach a specific post and some voodoo magic will show your status as something silly and another post will change it to the correct indicator. I mention this out of personal experience after receiving a PM from a verry concerned Craig and for a moment or two it appeared that I 'broke' the post counter but after doing some google he found out that is is just one of those funny things that happen)

I realised that , just wondering how the numbers went.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Check your posting as you go up in the ranks. hpy71

Here we go:

Name Required posts
    Newbie 0
    Jr. Member 50
    Full Member 100
    Sr. Member 250
    Hero Member 500

Maybe we could look at names that are more reflective to the site, anybody got any serious suggestions?
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Corné
    (and somewhere on the way to become a Hero Member you will reach a specific post and some voodoo magic will show your status as something silly and another post will change it to the correct indicator. I mention this out of personal experience after receiving a PM from a verry concerned Craig and for a moment or two it appeared that I 'broke' the post counter but after doing some google he found out that is is just one of those funny things that happen)
    Yip, quite correct and I can't quite remember what number it was, but I think it came up as a word or symbol, but comes right on the next post. Maybe it'll resurface someday. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk
    Check your posting as you go up in the ranks. hpy71
    Now I could just imagine Frank sitting there typing, testing 1, post, testing 2 post, ....

I think I may have saved you some time hpy180
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig

Now I could just imagine Frank sitting there typing, testing 1, post, testing 2 post, ....

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrankH

Could have keep him busy for a while hpy71

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankH

Could have keep him busy for a while hpy71
    that wouldn't be a bad thing

Yip, quite correct and I can't quite remember what number it was, but I think it came up as a word or symbol, but comes right on the next post. Maybe it'll resurface someday. ???
    It was something like 1337 that resulted in the word LEET appearing in the in the number of post box. (I think ???)

Anyway should you reach that amount of posts and it appears....just post another post and it disappears...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast