Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default IDPA concealment

Ok so I'm a new member to IDPA and would like to find out what can all be legally used as concealment in matches, as far as I've seen only the safari type sleeveless jacket is used, can someone please help me at stipulate what else can be used. Thanks

User

Default Re: IDPA concealment

Untucked shirt , jacket etc - the IDPA rules will guide you as too what specifications the concealment garment should conform to.

User

"open concealment" = jacket

i usually just use a tshirt, but in the previous league shoot, i had to use a jacket, playbook said "open concealment" :-/

User

You never HAVE to use a jacket. An untucked shirt is acceptable. Though some SO's struggle with this.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    "open concealment" = jacket

i usually just use a tshirt, but in the previous league shoot, i had to use a jacket, playbook said "open concealment" :-/
    Confused. "Open concealment", as mentioned in the Rule Book, is basically a test or gauge for proper concealment and not a rule in itself or a standard (i.e. proper concealment does not open concealment). As long as your concealment garment conceals your gun, holster and ammunition container carriers and it's not a competition garment, then your compliant with the Rule Book.

Did the CoF state that you had to use "open concealment" or did the SO interpret "concealment" as "open concealment"?

User

Quote Originally Posted by deonh View Post
    Confused. "Open concealment", as mentioned in the Rule Book, is basically a test or gauge for proper concealment and not a rule in itself or a standard.
    I agree.

Concealment as defined by the rule book: Using a garment to conceal the gun, holster and ammunition container carriers.

Where "open concealment" is mentioned is where the rule book states that should you choose to wear an open concealment garment it should be of such design and fit that when "[standing] with your arms extended to your sides and parallel to the ground" your firearm and equipment should not be visible "from the front, rear or sides."

That doesn't mean that your concealment garment has to be of the "open" type.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

well, i was basically told "no tshirt". even though it covered the entire holster.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    well, i was basically told "no tshirt". even though it covered the entire holster.
    I have heard it said that some SO's prefer you not to shoot with a t-shirt due to concerns about snagging etc. however - the rules do not prohibit it so they cannot refuse for you to shoot like that. Just know that any unsafe gun-handling will result in a DQ (whether it was you being stupid or your t-shirt snagging) and IIRC repeated offenses due to the same reason may be grounds for making an exeption wrt a specific shooter.

As long as you're not wearing a help-my-sterk-lyk-frokkie that prints... basically any concealment garment should still satisfy the requirement that none of your gear is visible when standing as specified.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

T-Shirt is concealment, where the t-shirt completely covers the gun and mags, with both arms held outstretched to the sides.

The rules are subject to interpretation by the SO on duty. If there is a question, refer to the Match Director.

If the Match Director says so, do so.

If your opinion differs, discuss the issue after the match.

Banned

See here:

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...Shooters/page2

From about post #9 and GGs post at #14. I recall that certain t-shirts was an issue at nationals?!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast