Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Bullet Proof vest special

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    Thread Hijack - Sorry...

my problem is that I wear glasses, and cant take them off or else I litterally cant see. Short of wearing regular welding safety glasses (which SUCK) I am pretty screwed for shooting glasses. Anyone else have a similar issue and can maybe shed some light on an alternative?

End Hijack
    Same here. At BigT's course he had to tell me that I can stop shooting at the head box, I've hit it.

2 options: Contact lenses, or proper sports glasses that can take a prescription lens, or prescription lens inserts. I have looked at the latter, hellishly expensive because you'll need polycarbonate lenses, and with a polarised tint it all adds up.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Same here. At BigT's course he had to tell me that I can stop shooting at the head box, I've hit it.

2 options: Contact lenses, or proper sports glasses that can take a prescription lens, or prescription lens inserts. I have looked at the latter, hellishly expensive because you'll need polycarbonate lenses, and with a polarised tint it all adds up.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, contacts are out due to my eye issues. I have been looking for local sports glasses as described above but cannot find any. Addidas do wrap around "sport glasses" that can accomodate perscription nose bridge inserts, but they are not balistically rated so theres no point? Any other local suppliers that someone can point me to? My eyesight sucks as it is so i dont mind spending the money to keep the little bit of sight I have safe.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, contacts are out due to my eye issues. I have been looking for local sports glasses as described above but cannot find any. Addidas do wrap around "sport glasses" that can accomodate perscription nose bridge inserts, but they are not balistically rated so theres no point? Any other local suppliers that someone can point me to? My eyesight sucks as it is so i dont mind spending the money to keep the little bit of sight I have safe.
    Go to your optometrist. Most of them send their frames to a lab to have the lenses cut and inserted. Lens suppliers like Hoya and Hill Optics can make a lens for pretty much any frame. So take your normal sunglasses, and ask for polycarbonate (choose your colour and level of tint) special base curve lenses to be fitted, cut according to your prescription. Then put down your credit card and weep.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

thanks Skaaphaas.

User

Thread Hijack - Sorry...

my problem is that I wear glasses, and cant take them off or else I litterally cant see. Short of wearing regular welding safety glasses (which SUCK) I am pretty screwed for shooting glasses. Anyone else have a similar issue and can maybe shed some light on an alternative?

End Hijack
    Try Rudy project Sunglasses with a clip on prescription inside

OK...this thread is not about shooting glasses and you guys are 'stomping' on D-mans thread. It is about body armor...stick to the topic here. If you want to start one on shooting glasses, do so.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Please forward me a quatation on bulet proof vest with gun pouch and pockets.
    I need Navy blue sizes XL and 3XL
    Please
    Thanks

Ferdie Veldsman

Banned
    harties...If you are reading this, thank a teacher. Since its in English, thank a soldier.

me too plz - 2xl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3