Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Photos

Banned

Default Re: Hunting Photos

I probably love hunting feral pigs / wild boar / hogs more than anything else. I hear a lot of mumblings about hunters up North hunting monster "wildevarke" (wild boar / feral pigs) and would LOVE to see some pics. Here's a wild boar (feral pig on steroids) shot by a buddy of mine in 2007. Used an Anschutz .222 with factory ammo (I think Prizi?!). Stalked to within 20 - 30 yards and then popped this boar right in the ear! The beast went down like a brick shithouse! Topped out at just over 160kg!

User

Hey!! There's a meerkat burrowing on your friends hat Deon!! hpy194

That's a huge pig!

A kudu of wayback I shot with my .30-06 near Otjinene.

The second BWB shot near Kamanjab last year. .375H&H with 300GR Federals over 200m

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalDave
    Hey!! There's a meerkat burrowing on your friends hat Deon!! hpy194
    It's actually a squashed jackal that was hidden in his car until the pong became over-whleming and its presence was announced! hpy194 After that it was dried and promoted to his hat... it has since departed. Well spotted by the way!

User

When Deon mentioned his love for shooting sweins, it occurred to me that no hunt is complete for me either without bagging a warthog.
    I cannot remember a hunt without a warthog for the farmhands and here is an old boar I took about three yearts ago near Otjiwarongo.
    I did not measure the tusks but it is by far the best I have come across! grn1
    .30-06 x 180GR

So lekker I can't even keep my eyes open!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalDave
    I did not measure the tusks but it is by far the best I have come across!
    That is a SERIOUS set of gnashers on that hog! :o Well done! Nice photos by the way Dave.

User

Two of my kids with a days work in the Overberg Area.

User

My Misses, the two Kids and Myself in Bredasdorp, July 2008

User

Looks great Phil. ;)

One day when I own a shotgun I am gonna try bagging some of those Administrasie hoenders as well! fighting0035

Banned

I'm quite surprised no pictures of the lowly springbok have been posted. The bread and butter of most hunts. On behalf of a brother hunter and fellow forum member (who has yet to work out how photobucket works), here be two of four rams taken in one fell swoop earlier this year on a hunt in the Moordenaars Karoo. If anyone has hunted in the Moordenaars Karoo then you'll know what REAL stalking is! When the terrain is as hard as steel, flat as a pancake and the only "cover" you have is ankle-high rocks & boulders and the occasional knee-high shrub, then you know you've earned that animal and the venison just tastes that much sweeter. This crazy monkey stalked the vlaktes for three days with nothing to show for it but sunburn and a genital rash when on the last sunlit hour of the last day after a marathon leopard crawl he got within range of a small herd of rams. I was on the other side of the valley stalking a pair of springbok ewes (more about that almost cluster later) when I heard what can only be described as the Charge of the Light Brigade! Talk about shooting your barrel hot! This guy was making his .308 speak fluent Aaaaaafrikaans!!!!

When we eventually found him staggering around in the dark, blood-spattered and mumbling to himself about monster rams we also find FOUR very large (by Karoo standards) springbok rams lying very dead in a neat little heap. Here's a photo of crazy-eyes himself and two of the four rams. Clearly a head-shot on the one and what looks like a spine shot on the other. I can't recall the ammo used but I remember him bitching and moaning about the Sierra 165gr HPBT (see thread elsewhere) and a Texas heart shot...

Banned

I 'spose over and above photos of animals we've hunted, kakpraat and prattle I'd imagine that photos of animals we dream to hunt are also allowed on this thread.  If yes, here's the hunt of my dream (OK, one of them)...  Dall sheep in Alaska.  Just me, a spike-camp, a guide and week or so out in the boonies traipsing after Dall sheep (as in pic below).  Awesome... I doubt huntin' gets much wilder than this!  Maybe Ibex hunting in Kyrgyzstan...

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast