User

Default NB : Further conduct and proposed rules for the public section

Since I'm not a mod or admin, I really have no say, but as the founder of the idea I would like to make a few comments and proposed rules in light of certain developments...
    The intention of the public section was for gen pop to pose questions around police matters, procedures, etc.

Herein lies the problem. If everyone comments their opinion on the matter, people have no way of knowing if he is reading the opinion of a LEO or a plumber. No offence to plumbers.

Also, if there is going to be constant debate, ridicule, questioning of or critisicm around our answers, I can promise you all the usefulness of this section will be short lived. Because the LEOs will just stop answering or commenting.

So, what I propose, just to keep the peace and keep this functioning as it was intended :
    1. Feel free to ask questions, but do not pose answers here if you are not a LEO, or at the very least state before your answer from which background you base it on, be it legal background, medical, or plumber.
    2. Do not make ANY generalized police statements, like "I can see some police misusing this and that power", etc.
    3. Question WHY we do things the way we say we do in the answers, but non-constructive debates and "vasvrae" is a no no. We are not here to debate with you whether or not the way we do things is right or wrong. I personally will always try to base my answers on quoted legislation. If you feel it needs to be changed, write a letter to Malema, but keep it off here.
    4. As I said before, no police bashing whatsoever.

If we can't get ourselves to abide by some basic rules, this will either die down or get closed. I see this as a great opportunity for us to change opinions on police in general, clear up misconceptions, and arm the general public with knowledge on legalities around police work that they weren't aware of before. It is a privilege, and we should try and treat it as such.

Anyone is welcome to add to these rules, and the real mods and admins can then post a sticky perhaps.
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw&sns=em[/URL]

Default Re: NB : Further conduct and proposed rules for the public section

fully agreed WR
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!