Default Good dealer in my area

Hi All

Just a quick question, I need to apply for a firearm license and I am in the Boksburg area.

Is there any recommendation for good and reliable dealer in my area ? Because I need to transfer my mother’s firearm (That is not renewed) to my name so I believe that the process is to book it into a firearm dealer and pay rent until my license has been approved. Rather than handing it into the police station for safekeeping....

Any idea or comments ?

Big thanks

User

Default Re: Good dealer in my area

check the tread gunshops where good service is given. Try the search function

User

According to the new act the dealers also may not safekeep any firearms after the 30th June. So the option is going to be, to give it in at the SAPS for safekeeping until licence are aproved.

Read the following link on Gunsite : http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=2269.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk
    According to the new act the dealers also may not safekeep any firearms after the 30th June. So the option is going to be, to give it in at the SAPS for safekeeping until licence are aproved.

Read the following link on Gunsite : http://www.gunsite.co.za/forum/index.php?topic=2269.0

Not necessarily. Your mother "sells" the gun to the shop. Her licence is cancelled. You "buy" the gun from the dealer. He keeps the gun untill you get the licence. At least this way you have a chance of seeing the gun again.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk

Not necessarily. Your mother "sells" the gun to the shop. Her licence is cancelled. You "buy" the gun from the dealer. He keeps the gun untill you get the licence. At least this way you have a chance of seeing the gun again.
    That is also a way to go.

Big thanks for the input.....

This is a better option..... at least I will have a chance to see then again...... hpy71
    "Not necessarily. Your mother "sells" the gun to the shop. Her licence is cancelled. You "buy" the gun from the dealer. He keeps the gun untill you get the licence. At least this way you have a chance of seeing the gun again."

I see "Gun City' is in boksburg but I do not find any rating or re-view on them, does anyone have any comments on these guys....good or ok or bad ?

Big thanks all

User

gun city has moved to near the erpm golf course, go and see johan, im sure he will help you, or be able to give you advice. good luck bro.

Thanks, Will go there this weekend.

Also go try at Limpopo - Speak to Donovan, they are next to the "Towers Picknpay" - Ive generally gotten good service there. ;)