Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: STICKY: Motivation Letter Ideas and Examples.

Would anyone be able to assist in providing me with an example of a motivation for a S16 .22lr bolt action rifle?
    I've half written mine, but want to make damn sure it's right.
    Thanks!

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

User

A SAPS firearm licence application requests copies of ID, proof of residence, proof of Dedicated status, etc.

On the other hand, my motivation accompanying the SAPS application also makes reference to attachments such as Competency Certificates, ID copies, proof of Sport Shooting etc, to add weight to my motivation.

Now, should i add copies of the attachments(ID, Proof of Dedicated Status ) to my Motivation and add the same copies to my SAPS application?

If yes, this would mean I would have duplicate documents - attached to my motivation and attached to my SAPS application form.

User

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    A SAPS firearm licence application requests copies of ID, proof of residence, proof of Dedicated status, etc.

On the other hand, my motivation accompanying the SAPS application also makes reference to attachments such as Competency Certificates, ID copies, proof of Sport Shooting etc, to add weight to my motivation.

Now, should i add copies of the attachments(ID, Proof of Dedicated Status ) to my Motivation and add the same copies to my SAPS application?

If yes, this would mean I would have duplicate documents - attached to my motivation and attached to my SAPS application form.
    The motivation i did for my Sec16 pistol licence (approved 04/2021) had all the attachments, proof documents and SAPS 271/350 referenced in the motivation and submitted as one application.... so no duplicates.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BradTH View Post
    The motivation i did for my Sec16 pistol licence (approved 04/2021) had all the attachments, proof documents and SAPS 271/350 referenced in the motivation and submitted as one application.... so no duplicates.
    Thank you

User

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Thank you
    @username, I submitted my license application on 27/08/2021, long story short my motivation was done by Safari Outdoor (as it is a must when doing the 6 pay, interest free option) just a heads up you will need two (2) certified ID copies, I don't know in @BradTH's case but I needed two (2) certified copies for my SAPS 271. Anyways all the best with your application.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    @username, I submitted my license application on 27/08/2021, long story short my motivation was done by Safari Outdoor (as it is a must when doing the 6 pay, interest free option) just a heads up you will need two (2) certified ID copies, I don't know in @BradTH's case but I needed two (2) certified copies for my SAPS 271. Anyways all the best with your application.
    Sorry i should have clarified ..... Motivation included the standard documents (which included multiple copies of certain docs like ID, as required), but i only submitted one copy of SAPS271, 350 and other supporting docs referred to in motivation. At the end of the day, DFO's are not all consistent and it would be best to br guided by your DFO as to which docs they require.

User

Does the motivation for an AR need to be any more extensive when applying for Section 16 than it is when applying for a handgun? Reason I ask is that I have applied for both a handgun and bolt action under this section with my own motivations and have been successful with both. However I am under the impression that it is a lot harder when applying for an AR? Is this true?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adie View Post
    Does the motivation for an AR need to be any more extensive when applying for Section 16 than it is when applying for a handgun? Reason I ask is that I have applied for both a handgun and bolt action under this section with my own motivations and have been successful with both. However I am under the impression that it is a lot harder when applying for an AR? Is this true?
    Yes semi autos are reviewed by a separate board of the CFR if I am not mistaken. Just provide very clear details on which discipline you will be using it for.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wild coast View Post
    Yes semi autos are reviewed by a separate board of the CFR if I am not mistaken. Just provide very clear details on which discipline you will be using it for.
    Thank you Wild Coast. Any idea of somewhere I could find a breakdown of all the sport shooting disciplines and clubs that one could join for each?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adie View Post
    Thank you Wild Coast. Any idea of somewhere I could find a breakdown of all the sport shooting disciplines and clubs that one could join for each?
    I am not sure if this site will help, but its worth a look.

https://theguntrove.co.za/sport-shooting/

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast