Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Spoor Safaris, Vryheid

Hi Guys

Anyone hunted at Spoor Safaris, Vryheid in the last two years? I have booked to hunt there in July and would like to hear of your experiences. I'm taking my wife and children along on the hunt and so I would particularly would like to know what your opinion is of the standard of accommodation.

Thanks very much.

Dimitri

User

Default Re: Spoor Safaris, Vryheid

Anyone?

User

Hallo Dimitri, I googled them and must say it looks like a fine outfit. I dont know why the guys who have hunted there before dont reply to your thread but then again I am not fond of typing aswell. maybe put your cell no on and then the guys might talk to you in private.
    Good luck

User

i know the very well and the farm is very nice. the logde is above std.
    you wil enjoy it

User

Thanks for your responses guys.

Liona @ Spoor Safaris has been very nice to deal with and I'm looking forward to hunting there. I'm after a nyala trophy and, for me, it has to be in KZN. I don't hunt trophies outside of their natural distribution. I had previously booked the hunt at a farm near Mkuze but the guy tried to charge me VAT on the deposit when he had previously said that VAT was already included. Also, the pricelist indicated midweek rates AND weekend rates for accommodation. 3 of my days were midweek and 2 days weekend. When the invoice arrived for the deposit ALL days were charged at weekend rates. His response (not clarified on the pricelist) was that if there is a overlap then weekend rates apply. It added an additional R2300 to my accommodation costs! I got cold feet and wondered what other surprises there might have been in store for me so I cancelled and booked at Spoor Safaris.

tjoepman, thanks for your response. When did you last hunt/visit there? The lodge burnt down about 2 years ago and the accommodation is now at the bushcamp near the river. Liona has sent me some photos of the accommodation and it looks OK. I was hoping someone who has stayed at the bushcamp recently would be able to give their perspective. I just want my wife, our two toddler sons and my mom to be comfortable.

Any more info from anyone would be appreciated. Please PM me if you do not wish to post any info on the open forum.
    Last edited by Dimitri; 22-03-2012 at 14:40. Reason: typo

User

Anyone?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Anyone?
    Hi Dimitri,

My husband is hunting at Spoor Safari’s as we speak. I believe the farm is beautiful but maybe I can give you more info on the accommodation that they had sometime next week.....

Regards

Hannelie

User

Thanks Hannelie.

You are a star.

I've sent you a PM.

Regards

Dimitri

User

Hi Hannelie

How did your husband's hunt go and what is his opinion of the facilities?

Regards

Dimitri

User

Hi Dimitri,

My apologies for replying only now.

Please see my reply to your PM.

The answer to your question is unfortunately no. He won’t take me there. He was very disappointed in the accommodation they had. They were a group of about 10 guys and the price did not justify the accommodation they had. Comparing that to the accommodation he had two weeks prior, it really was a great disappointment.

I know that a hunting trip is all about the hunt and not the accommodation but you are taking your family there and therefore one wants something a little more comfortable than just the bare necessities.

I don’t think Spoor’s accommodation is luxury as advertised. We went on a hunting trip this past weekend and stayed in a small but spacious and very comfortable log cabin with a double bed, aircon, electric blanket and en-suite bathroom for around R300-R350. Comparing this to Spoor, it’s like comparing 5Star to a 1 Star L.

To be save, rather ask them to send you a photo of the accommodation which they will give you during your stay there, at least then you know what to expect.

Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear.

Kind regards,

Hannelie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast