Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Confused: Skeletool CX vs SpyderCo Endura

Hi guys,

I was hijacked and mugged of my trusty leatherman knife(had 2 screwdriver bits,420HC blade and a carabiner/bottle opener). That knife was extremely useful to me!

Now I like useful tools. Every now and then I need a tool of sorts when other tools are not around.

The Skeletool CX has a 154CM blade which I understand is not bad steel at all. But reading on another thread I saw the SpyderCo Endura is reasonably priced.

I want to kill two birds with one stone. I want to carry a knife that has a few tools other than the blade. Leaning to the Skeletool. I also, with training(anything in the Vaal?) want to be able to wield the blade. Will the skeletool be able to do this? I haven't tried deploying it quickly.

Expert opinion anyone?

Thanks

A skelatool is by no means a sd blade. Nor is the endura a multitool. The skelatool would make a terrable tool to wield for personal protection. The endura cant double for a scredriver. Between the two: if you want a multitool, get the skel. If you want a knife get the endura.
    MOLON LABE

Default Re: Confused: Skeletool CX vs SpyderCo Endura

^^^ ditto. You can't compare the two.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoggerNaut View Post
    A skelatool is by no means a sd blade. Nor is the endura a multitool. The skelatool would make a terrable tool to wield for personal protection. The endura cant double for a scredriver. Between the two: if you want a multitool, get the skel. If you want a knife get the endura.
    Was trying to kill two birds with one stone. How is the Endura better for SD? Something about the handle? Both blades lock. Is it about how they lock? I am a knife noob so to speak.

I still don't get what makes the skeletool so bad? Primarily I want to use it for self-defense while I don't have my gun. With training of course. Any training in the Vaal that anyone knows of?

Do the traing before you buy a knife. You'll soon see why the skeletool won't work when you cant get it out and open while under attack.

Go see youtube videos on the spyderco endura wave, and see for yourself.

The skeletool is just that, a tool. It CAN be used for SD, but not nearly as efficiently as the spyderco.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Do the traing before you buy a knife. You'll soon see why the skeletool won't work when you cant get it out and open while under attack.

Go see youtube videos on the spyderco endura wave, and see for yourself.

The skeletool is just that, a tool. It CAN be used for SD, but not nearly as efficiently as the spyderco.
    You are right. I am going to look for training first. But I guess I will go for the SpyderCo. Their reputation precedes them. Thanks rabbit in sheep's clothing. I see you. Lol

User

I have one of these: http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw
    Great tool and it was only R400. I still don't think it will replace a proper SD blade if you lie in a dodgey area or whatever but it is great for my needs. It seems to pop out into use more frequently than my leatherman these days.

Quote Originally Posted by KLRanger View Post
    I have one of these: http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw
    Great tool and it was only R400. I still don't think it will replace a proper SD blade if you lie in a dodgey area or whatever but it is great for my needs. It seems to pop out into use more frequently than my leatherman these days.
    That is a nice knife! Thanks!

User

Standby for pikchas...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast