Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 LR

User

Default .22 LR

Hi Guys,

Not quite sure where to post this question, but here it goes.....

I am looking to buy a .22LR just for a little fun and target practice. We live outside of town on a small holding and have ample place to set up a small range for a .22, Plus lately we have been having some trouble with rats etc......... Thought a .22 would be a nice addition to the gun safe

I have been looking around and have found quite a number of .22's going for around the R2,500 mark, mostly all of the seem to need a bit of tlc to restore them to show condition.....

What would you guys suggest I go for? Mostly every gunshop has a few Brno's and Mausers, selling at that price,
    Also does any of you perhaps own a Savage? I have yet to see one, a few gun shops are able to source the at around the R4k mark new, but none of them seem to have one for me to view.

Also what makes would you advise to stay away from? Saw quite a few german made rifles at VLT with manes stamped on that I have never heard of....?

And Lastly, what would be a good price to pay for a decent .22?

Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by jhgvdm
    Hi Guys,

Not quite sure where to post this question, but here it goes.....

I am looking to buy a .22LR just for a little fun and target practice. We live outside of town on a small holding and have ample place to set up a small range for a .22, Plus lately we have been having some trouble with rats etc......... Thought a .22 would be a nice addition to the gun safe

I have been looking around and have found quite a number of .22's going for around the R2,500 mark, mostly all of the seem to need a bit of tlc to restore them to show condition.....

What would you guys suggest I go for? Mostly every gunshop has a few Brno's and Mausers, selling at that price,
    Also does any of you perhaps own a Savage? I have yet to see one, a few gun shops are able to source the at around the R4k mark new, but none of them seem to have one for me to view.

Also what makes would you advise to stay away from? Saw quite a few german made rifles at VLT with manes stamped on that I have never heard of....?

And Lastly, what would be a good price to pay for a decent .22?

Thanks
    I have a Bruno and Iove it

User

Default Re: .22 LR

Check out NSN. Their show stock is always well serviced and in fine condition. I picked up a nearly new Remington LR for under R2K. Still waiting for the phuckin license since November though...

User

Thanks, will go have a look on monday

User

I see there is a add from Sahara in the new Hunter/Jagter for a .22LR Norinco with scope for R990.00

User

I would get a BRNO. Bread and butter .22. You can get extra mags quite easily. Really "fun" plinking rifle.

User

Three cheers for the BRNO, love mine.

User

image-1156252789.jpg

Playing with the Bruno on Saturday , 25,50 and 100 meters , swartklip sub sonics and high velocity ,

User

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
    I see there is a add from Sahara in the new Hunter/Jagter for a .22LR Norinco with scope for R990.00
    That specific model does have some issues with quality, from my experience, it could well be that it was just the one I was shooting with, but a gun with a scope, even an air rifle for under R1K, if it is too good to be true, well...

Shop around, take your time, you will find the right gun at the right price that appeals to you. With the current situation, especially with a .22, it is worthwhile shopping around for a gun that will last you a lifetime. Your gun is out there. I've been looking for a .308 for nearly 2 years now, still haven't found 'mine' ;)

Cheers
    Adam

User

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast