Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help pls

User

Default Help pls

Hi Guys. Two things if I may ;D

I have just got back from the local gun shop, there was a 1st gen G23 in very good condition for R4k. It came with a fobus paddle holster as well. my problem is that I have to decide between that and the attached G19. the G19 is from a private seller for R5k. Please, I'm not wanting to know about the pros and cons of the two diff calibers etc, as this has been debated over and over again. I would like to know which is the better deal?

Also, the owner of the gun shop suggested that I wait until the 1st july, because of the fact that all licenses that haven't been renewed will become null and void. He was under the impression that gun shops could be "raided" and the guns that haven't been renewed will be confiscated by SAPS. So my main problem here is that according to him, if i buy the G23 from him, the SAPS could come and take the gun, and I would lose my money. Is this true and what are the chances of this happening? Should i buy either the G19 or the G23, it wil primarily be used for SD, but I am very interested in getting into some sort of competition shooting. With this in mind, should I apply for the license as SD or Sports shooting (will have to get dedicated status first). Would there be a big difference in the time taken to get the license or is it totally unpredictable?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Help pls

The dealer shold have no difficulty with the police provided the gun is booked into stock.

For my money I'd buy the 19. The .40 glocks have undergone a lot of changes over the years, like more pins, better case support.

The 3rd gen is more versatile.

Ammo is cheaper = shoot more.

Either will give you good service as a SD firearm.

What sport do you intend to do?

SD/Dedicated sport licences take the same amount of time.

You don't need to be dedicated to licence a gun for sport unless you have 2 handguns already.

Edit: The fobus is NOT a selling point in my view.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

I dont think the 19 is 3rd gen? Might be wrong though? looks 2nd gen to me? The other thing with the 19 is that I would have to book it into a gun shop until the license comes through. This could add an extra R1k or more to the over all price? Would it sill be worth it?

Not sure on which sport. I will go to the range sometime and watch the guys to see what I would enjoy more. What do you shoot?

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Unless you got big hands, go the G19 route.

The G19 is Gen 1 with grip sock.

Which gunshop is this? He seems to be talking a load of bull. As long as that gun is in his stock, it is safe. Ask him if he completed a SAP534 for it. *swearing softly*

If you already have 4 guns, you might want to go the Dedicated route. Otherwise apply as occasional, jon range & work from there.

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok
    Indeed it is. I didnt zoom in.

Which gunshop is this? He seems to be talking a load of bull. As long as that gun is in his stock, it is safe. Ask him if he completed a SAP534 for it. *swearing softly*
    Agreed.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Nor did I.

I just knew.
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Nor did I.

I just knew.
    GV hpy180
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Ok thanks guys. I was initially favouring the 19, but then i thought about the extra R1k plus that would need to be spent in order to store the gun at a gun shop until the license arrives. This makes the 19 in effect R2k more?? I will go the occasional route as at the moment I only have a 30-06. I'm still young so have time to build up my collection ;D but wanna start now ;D I will try see the 19 this weekend. The 23 did fit nicely I must admit. But basically the advice from all wold be to go th 19 route, regardless of extra cost?

User

Are you planning to reload

User

I will reload if I seriously get into the sports side of things. But at the moment no. Why do you ask?

Just organized to see the G19 on the weekend. The owner said he has shot less than two mags through it, so its basically brand new! whoop whoop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast