User

Default 4 or 2-7 airking?

ok i got my pelet back today and the mount seems to be a ok. They driled the rifle and put 3 screws in to hold the mount in place. After a 100 shots to test the mount the 2-7 airking scopes top turent jumped off! So i wil be takeing the scope back but now i was wondering if a 4 by 32 would be a better bet. Wil it be more riged? I have heard that a fixed magnification scope is more riged-ceritus paribus. But then again my airking has never lost its zero. And belive me it has seen 3 mounts and 3 difrent mounts. Should i get the 4 by 32 or should i just get anouther 2-7 by 32?

User

Default Re: 4 or 2-7 airking?

no one? Not enven chi wa wa man?

Probably because once again it is difficult to follow your post. Piety ,I decided that perhaps Ive been a bit hard on you lately, so as a gesture of good will, I corrected one or two grammatical and spelling mistakes for you. Hopefully you will now get the desired responces.

Enjoy the evening

ok i got my pelet back today and the mount seems to be a ok. They driled the rifle and put 3 screws in to hold the mount in place. After a 100 shots to test the mount the 2-7 airking scopes top turent jumped off! So i wil be takeing the scope back but now i was wondering if a 4 by 32 would be a better bet. Wil it be more riged? I have heard that a fixed magnification scope is more riged-ceritus paribus. But then again my airking has never lost its zero. And belive me it has seen 3 mounts and 3 difrent mounts. Should i get the 4 by 32 or should i just get anouther 2-7 by 32?

Good day to you. I have just taken delivery of my airgun which was in for repair. The following has reference. I see that the necessary holes have been drilled and tapped and the telescope-mounts appear to be sound. Image my surprise when, after 100 test shots, the 2-7 Airking Telescope turret had worked loose a subsequently fell off. I intend returning the telescope and would be pleased to hear your opinion about the 4 x 32 telescope. Would this be more appropriate? I have heard that the fixed magnification telescopes have a more rigid - ceteris paribus (all other things being equal ??) . My Airking has, and continues to be accurate and reliable, through three different mountings. There is somewhat of a dilemma in having to choose between the two telescopes – a 4 x 32 or 2-7 x 32. All positive input will be much appreciated - Piety
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

thank you-i think. I am not kidding! The turent jumped off! I have heard of scopes not holding there zero or cross hairs brakeng in non airgun rated scopes but never have i heard off this! This just goes to show how much my hatsan 125 recoils. Yes i meant all els being equal but i was too lazy to type it out. Wil a 4 by 32 airking be better than a 2-7 by 32 airking?

The Hatsan air rifles are bitches and the 125 is a big bitch. They get the velocity they claim but at a price......they chew scopes. Go and look at the other discussions we had on Air Rifles and Scopes!!!!

User

thanx corne. I do know from experience just how vicios a pellet can be on a scope. But i was wondering if a fixed magnification scope would be better. 4 by 32 airking vs 2-7 by 32 airking. Look guys i like my hatsan. It is accurate whith the rite pellets(12-20mm groups at 40m whith 10.5gr crossmans) and extremly powerfull. Its just excesively hard on a scope and mounts. A bitch like you say. They difrence in power between the hatsans and gamos is crearly visabile. Mine gets full penetration on rabits and francolin whith 10.5gr pellets. I guess thats the price you pay for power,no free lunches as they say.

I would say that the fixed magnification would be better as it has less movable parts and thus less to go wrong with but other than that, both would be subjected to the same fierce characteristics of the Hatsan 125.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    thank you-i think. I am not kidding! The turent jumped off! I have heard of scopes not holding there zero or cross hairs brakeng in non airgun rated scopes but never have i heard off this! This just goes to show how much my hatsan 125 recoils. Yes i meant all els being equal but i was too lazy to type it out. Wil a 4 by 32 airking be better than a 2-7 by 32 airking?
    Why not ditch the AirKing scopes? They are obviously not holding up to the task. Consider the BSA air rifle range, which is rated for spring rifles. Look at http://bulldog.co.za/catalog/index.php?cPath=78
    and check them out. I reckon they'll give you much better service, even if the Hatsan 125 is something of a nasty swine on scopes. Just check your mounts are properly fixed to the receiver.

Shot, Geoff