Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    User

Default Show me your Musgrave

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Look, I dont think you need to doubt that it's a "genuine Musgrave". building rifles using existing actions was a large part of the business. that's definitely a Musgrave barrel. it was also reproofed, as s evident by the SA proof marks (springbok horns in shield) ob both the barrel and the action).
    Yeah for sure, also got the Musgrave proof marks on the bolt shroud that I found today

Gonna ring Cobus (https://www.guntechnz.co.nz/about-us ) tomorrow and see what he thinks, my plan is to remove the barrel and keep it complete with reference marks, so at any stage it could be reinstalled, and get a 9.3x62 barrel installed with express sights and barrel band sling swivel, and maybe refinish the stock.

That way the heritage is still there, and can be changed back at any point and all the work is done by a Musgrave master gunsmith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Show me your Musgrave

A bit of a shot in the dark. Anyone have experience with the new Musgraves if one could still call them that? Specifically with their new M21 action as well. The photos on FB sure look spectacular!

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Show me your Musgrave

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Yeah for sure, also got the Musgrave proof marks on the bolt shroud that I found today

Gonna ring Cobus (https://www.guntechnz.co.nz/about-us ) tomorrow and see what he thinks, my plan is to remove the barrel and keep it complete with reference marks, so at any stage it could be reinstalled, and get a 9.3x62 barrel installed with express sights and barrel band sling swivel, and maybe refinish the stock.

That way the heritage is still there, and can be changed back at any point and all the work is done by a Musgrave master gunsmith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That 30-06 you have has a S/147 receiver. That is a pre WWII german Sauer and Sohn one. At some point they put a 30-06 barrel on it to replace the 8mm mauser one. I have seen a couple of hunting rifles here in the states that have german wwii recvr's on them. Pretty rare though.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14