Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: IPSC Tactical Discussions

or shoot you in the hand. you learn in urban paintball.... shoot what you can, might not get another chance. hand, foot, barrel... anything helps.
    purple bruised fingers and hands make you learn it pretty quickly.

User

Knock off your front sight against the top edge of the aperture. Hit the slide against the side of the aperture and have an AD or drop the firearm. Have a case deflect off the aperture edge and drop back into your ejection port (I've never seen the last one happen - odds a 1000 to 1???, but I have seen the first two on more than one occasion).

User

Interesting repies guys ... given me more reasons that just the one "obvious" one that I had in mind :-) At least in a real-world tactical scenario, many of the reasons given make perfect sense, and gives me more encouragement to train my self NOT to extend hands past the edge of openings\over barriers etc...

Based on the fact that we are aiming to get "faster" during our shooting, my "obvious" reason to the above is this:

It takes more time. QED! Time to move in close enough to the opening to extend your hands\FA through the opening, and more time to step back to give yourself enough room to get clear of the same (the latter is relevant if there are more targets to engage still, and one needs to move from that point - not specifically indicated in this exact scenario).

In the game it not only takes more time to get to the aparture than to shoot from behind it but also restricts your movement. Then there is the chance you might run your gun into the barricade causing all kinds of stuff, as noted.
    In the serious game you don't know what is next to the 'window', you expose parts of you to direct hits and what most people forget about - secondaries from near hits.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    In the game it not only takes more time to get to the aparture than to shoot from behind it but also restricts your movement. Then there is the chance you might run your gun into the barricade causing all kinds of stuff, as noted.
    In the serious game you don't know what is next to the 'window', you expose parts of you to direct hits and what most people forget about - secondaries from near hits.

Thanks guys.

Busy working on the next one (slightly more "complicated" than the previous), so need some time. Keep you eyes peeled

If anyone has their own questions\scenario's to post here, go ahead.

User

While this thread is about IPSC Discussions, I guess we can throw in some things you stumbled upon in the rule book that you found interesting:

Our club is doing a night shoot soon, and one thing I (recently) learned, is that if you are to use your own lightsource as specified in the stage briefing, and you attach a gun mounted light to the gun, it automatically puts you in the open class when using a production or standard div gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Henka View Post
    While this thread is about IPSC Discussions, I guess we can throw in some things you stumbled upon in the rule book that you found interesting:

Our club is doing a night shoot soon, and one thing I (recently) learned, is that if you are to use your own lightsource as specified in the stage briefing, and you attach a gun mounted light to the gun, it automatically puts you in the open class when using a production or standard div gun.
    If you don't mind me asking??? When and where. I'm really keen to see how it gets done and always want to know more and willing to learn. I'm thinking of joining a clup but first want to do my homework before I make a complete fool of myself.

To all the guys who reply and started this thread......thanks I really enjoy reading it. Please keep it coming

User

I'm part of Secunda, Mpumalanga club. Sure there are closer IPSC clubs where you can attend, and I don't think you'll make a fool of yourself. There are shooters on every level at the clubs. Attend and enjoy, and ask if you don't know!

User

I'm part of Secunda, Mpumalanga club. Sure there are closer IPSC clubs where you can attend, and I don't think you'll make a fool of yourself. There are shooters on every level at the clubs. Attend and enjoy, and ask if you don't know!
    Thanks will def check it out. Anybody knows when the next club shoot is in the Roodepoort area?.

User

+1. As long as you keep by the simple safety rules, range commands and help out on he range you will be fine. Never have I seen anyone make fun of a beginner or new guy. Every range officer I've ever had was friendly and fair and some really went out out of their way to make the first time shooters feel at ease.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast