Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Backpack / rugsack for walk and stalk

Did not realise how many awesome products there are out there. Each one has so much merit.

Like Fanie I also like to make things, when in the army I made a chest webbing out of black shade netting and sewed ammo and other pouches exactly for my purposes. I carried a machine gun and my needs were different. There were so many awesome communist designs to steal ideas from.

The guys taking us hunting are sorted so the pressure is off for now, so at least I can take time in getting the right thing.

User

I swung past Suburban this morning to pick up some weaver rings, saw this

http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_r...ro_back_packs/ (the 3L)

on the wall for R500, impulse buy. (I previously used a hip pack, but it's a bit small for all my crap).

It looked as if I can swap the camelback tube to the left, and the above review confirms that. So let's see how it works.

Due for my first walk-and-stalk in July, and I'm going to use my Deuter 30l pack. A regular day-pack, the key criteria for me is comfort, and I don't like a pack that sticks to my back in the heat. This one has the mesh back, and allows air to circulate between you and the pack. The shoulder straps are designed for people with flesh and blood shoulders, wide , well padded, and sensibly curved. It's hydration bladder ready, and the material is excellent quality. I've had this one for some years, used often, and not showing any signs of wear yet.

This is what I picked up recently. My mini review:http://escapeoutdoors.co.za/forums/s...&p=468#post468
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    This is what I picked up recently. My mini review:http://escapeoutdoors.co.za/forums/s...&p=468#post468
    Nice review, Craig.

It has a lot of features that I have never thought about, but that look like excellent ideas - for one the transporter flap looks the business!

Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    Nice review, Craig.

It has a lot of features that I have never thought about, but that look like excellent ideas - for one the transporter flap looks the business!

Sweet
    I dropped that link in from my fone yesterday, but would have posted the review here too. The bag is nice and I think exactly what I was looking for, in essentially what will become a go bag. The size is about right for necessities, but it's not big by any means, so easy as a EDC / day pack, but easily packable which you to pack properly. I'd bet you'll see some copies of the transporter design soon, but they're unlikely to be the same quality. The bag is heavy though, which may not be to the liking of some.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

I carry a 9L NorthFace hydration backpack with a 3L bladder. It leaves enough space to store a thin fleece jacket and my other essentials. I usually wear a thick jacket for the morning drop-off, but that stays with the bakkie. The rest of the space is taken up by a camera, TP, binos, fruit and my cellphone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2