Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Musgrave .243

User

Default Musgrave .243

Just bought (in my opinion) the bargain of 2009. Brand new- Yes BRAND NEW musgrave .243. The rifle belonged to an oom that passed away before he could use it, it was inherited by his wife who does not hunt. She either had to sell it or destroy it and viola - me with a brand new Musgrave!

It has a Lyttleton action and the smittie I took it to confirmed that the rifle has done little too no work. The woodwork is flawless and by the looks of it, it was one of Oom Ben's deluxe rifles.

Price R 6500-00

Where's the emotiocon for me being as happy as a pig in palestine? happy0065

Banned

Default Re: Musgrave .243

Nice deal, but faaaaaaaar from the deal of 2009 (IMO... more such deals to come!). That deal belongs to a friend of makeminea10mm. Scoped (Leupold or Lynx?), custom-stocked, Shilen barreled .308, Timney triggered with after-market everything INCLUDING all the reloading components and equipment (press, scale, cases etc. all Lyman or RCBS, I can't remember so well through the sobbing) for R800!!!!!!! confused0068 Second place goes to BoerBok's .308, which he got for a few dollars more than a decent Taiwanese massage...

Methinks that as we lurch closer to 30 June 2009 such deals are gonna become the norm. I've seriously got my locator-beacons out for a .222, .243, .270 (Ruger M77), .375, .416 Rigby, any double rifle, decent O/H shotgun, Ruger GP100 and .45 revolver! If you build it... they will come... fighting0035

User

The big reason for my happiness is that ive been looking fir this rifle for about five years, have seen two in that time, none made the cut. This little beaut is spotless and meets my very high standards in a rifle. My shooting/hunting buddies dont even call me anymore about secondhand rifles, they say that I'm too picky and full of sh@t. I wanted a Musgrave (proudly SA en all) in great condition and got one.

Must say I would have bought any of the rifles you mentioned without hinking twice.

User

Hey Longshot - I can better your story! I already have a 243 Musgrave Vrystaat MK1 number 380 out of the factory ;D so I negotiated a deal for my mate! He just bought a friend of mines Musgrave 243 on the RSA action number 454 out of the factory in pristine condition - barely used EVER with RCBS dies, 200 rounds of ammo, aboutr 150 points and 3 - 9 x 40 scope in a gunbag for .................................................. ......R1800! I agree that more if these are coming. I want a 7 x 57! Tell me if you find one - a 7 x 64 will do too! I scored a Mauser 308 for the price of a springbuck about a year ago - still waiting for licence! It has not seen more than 50 rounds through it!

BUT _ well done on your purchase - you will be very happy with your rifle - I love mine and have even shot kudu and gemsbuck with it - 243 is potent

User

I think my deal is not too shabby either. Got a near mint Musgrave mod 80 in .243 with Bushnell 3-9x40 scope and Brno Fox .22 Hornet for free! I dont even know the guy very well...bought a pre 64 Winchester .375 H&H from him 3 years ago and he phoned me up and offered the rifles. I guess I will give him something for the rifles when I get the licenses, will feel too bad to just take them!

Quote Originally Posted by kaspaas
    I think my deal is not too shabby either. Got a near mint Musgrave mod 80 in .243 with Bushnell 3-9x40 scope and Brno Fox .22 Hornet for free! I dont even know the guy very well...bought a pre 64 Winchester .375 H&H from him 3 years ago and he phoned me up and offered the rifles. I guess I will give him something for the rifles when I get the licenses, will feel too bad to just take them!
    Yeah, keep the memory sweet. Give the dude something, build the friendship
    :)
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Speaking of sweet deals: I was at the local DFO when a rifle was about to be handed in for destruction. It looked good, so I convinced the previous owner and the DFO that I apply for a license. They both agreed (yes, miracles do happen)
    On closer inspection it turned out to be a Mauser Sporter, cal 8X57S, built by Josef Winlker, Ferlach Austria. Double set triggers, engraving and all!
    Paperwork went in on Wednesday.
    Price? zip, zero, nada. (I did offer to pay)
    Still can't believe my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by THOMAST
    Speaking of sweet deals: I was at the local DFO when a rifle was about to be handed in for destruction. It looked good, so I convinced the previous owner and the DFO that I apply for a license. They both agreed (yes, miracles do happen)
    On closer inspection it turned out to be a Mauser Sporter, cal 8X57S, built by Josef Winlker, Ferlach Austria. Double set triggers, engraving and all!
    Paperwork went in on Wednesday.
    Price? zip, zero, nada. (I did offer to pay)
    Still can't believe my luck.
    Sheesh & I thought I scored big!

Awsome! ;D
    Well done! ;D
    I still cannot believe individuals would hand in property for destruction simply on the basis of being lawabiding. :-\
    Obviously I/me/we/us r part of a minority.....
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

To those that got their bargains.... hpy180

My bargains has been as follows up to now:-

1 Mossberg pump action for R ZERO
    2 Lee Enfield (very good condition) for R ZERO
    3 Ruger SP101 9mm Revolver for R ZERO
    4 Colt Lawman 357 Revolver for R ZERO
    5 Vekor SP1 (including +/- 500 rounds of ammo) for R1,500
    6 Lee Enfield (reasonable condition) (including 60 rounds + 2 Bayonets {not sure for what rifle as yet} + extra 5 shot mag) for R500

These might not be in the same league as some of the above bargains but they were bargains none the less and works for me just fine... ;D

User

I think one should hang around at the DFO offices to see what's being handed in!
    Isn't there a new regulation about weapons older than a certain age not being destroyed because of historical value / africana?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast