Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default taking my Glock on a roadtrip.

hey everyone

So me and some friends were planning on taking a camping trip to durban in a few months time. Now as we're a bunch of students camping is financially the most viable means of going.

My concern however is storage for my baby. Now my G17 will spend most of the time in my trusty m-tac, but where can I store her while going to beach for a swim? I've found the girls to be quite attracted to my pistol so I won't need to keep a very low profile at camp. Heck, maybe they'll like the Glock too.

I know the car won't be any good, but does anyone have any advice to offer?

User

Default Re: taking my Glock on a roadtrip.

Quote Originally Posted by AGreeff View Post
    hey everyone

So me and some friends were planning on taking a camping trip to durban in a few months time. Now as we're a bunch of students camping is financially the most viable means of going.

My concern however is storage for my baby. Now my G17 will spend most of the time in my trusty m-tac, but where can I store her while going to beach for a swim? I've found the girls to be quite attracted to my pistol so I won't need to keep a very low profile at camp. Heck, maybe they'll like the Glock too.

I know the car won't be any good, but does anyone have any advice to offer?
    Well I did see them in water at Huntex..............So it should be Perfectly fine to swim with them - Problem Solved

User

That's a tough one. If you have a trusted buddy who also has a firearm then you could get him to hang on to it while you swim, but reading this post it doesn't seem that there would be a mate who has his own. If I had to give it to a buddy I would 1) take him to the range and teach him good handling skills etc. 2) unload and put in a sort of pistol bag so it is safe.

Also be careful not to draw attention to it as when giving it to someone else to take care of they may be targeted while holding an unloaded firearm.

Sure the other guys on the forum will have more exp than me on camping and firearms etc

Enjoy

User

Bury the pistol under the sand when no one is looking....it's a Glock it will still shoot.

User

was actually wanting to ask this question too!! at least with hotels there are safes so if really needed you could lock it up... camping eish thats a tough one bud!!
    I have no idea wat the legalities are but what if you get a gun safety box and ask the office to lock up your lock box thing in their safe?? of coarse this is just a random idea check... thats probably the safest thing i can think of besides having a friend hold it for you (chances are you will all want to go to the beach though...
    lol good luck bud :)

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

dont bury things on the beach as there are others that "observe" this its just not worth the risk. one person has to be made designated "locker room" attendant.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Ive just returned from a holiday where I spent a fair amount of time on a beach with friends and family. Im the only one that carries so when venturing into the water Id very discretely remove the pistol in the holster (CKCS multicarry) and slip it into our beach "go-bag" (my wife said that Ive got a go bag so she wants one too for the beach, just contains towels sunscreen hats etc ). I leave the bag in the care of someone responsible, ie wife or brother in law. How do I carry while wearing swim shorts/ baggies? Simply IWB with belt. Ok no belt loops but it works just fine. I even took a fall into the water whilst recovering a ski boat onto trailer and it didnt budge.
    When going home, I would discretely put it back on, although there were others on the beach, I dont think I was made and I know that one of our own group was completely unaware that I was carrying.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rikster2 View Post
    I have no idea wat the legalities are...
    Basically that you should safeguard your firearm.

The law say inside the prescribed safe or under your direct control, so should the gun be 'lost' you had better be able to explain how you were controlling/safeguarding it.

JMO.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

if its going to be a a serious issue then you welcome to store in my safe and keep the key

oh shit but you guys from GP consider 100 km north or south of durban to be still in town

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast